Introduction

Third Person POV:

Mario and Kay were having a romantic stroll through the midnight lit forest when all of a sudden an unknown portal appeared. Mario pushed Kay behind him as he took out his iron cleaver to protect him and his girlfriend from this unknown source. They both stared at the portal in silence. Kay drew out a dagger. 

"I think we should slowly back away from it" she whispered into her lovers ear.

Mario nodded in approval as he and Kay walked / slithered away from the unknown source slowly. When suddenly Mario heard a loud THUMP. He glanced over at his girlfriend who was lying on the ground knocked out. He stared in horror.

"K-kay!?" Mario replied in shock. 

He then recieved a wave of unwanted memories from the time where his girlfriend died right in front of him. If it weren't for his friend Xylo, he would've never been able to see her again. At least physically. But that was not his biggest fear at the moment. Sure his girlfriend was hopefully just unconcious. But at the same time she couldn't have just fainted. He knew his girlfriend was a pretty healthy person and had no illness at the moment so he was sure that something else was going on. He assumed the most logical thing. That she was knocked out by someone or something. He looked around at his surroundings cautiously before running to his girlfriend to make sure she was safe. He placed his hands on her chest to and tried to feel her heartbeat.

................................
................................

...............................

................................

THUMP! DA THUMP!

Mario sighed in relief. He took his girlfriends body and wraped his arms around her. He was about to pick her up when he heard a soft rustling sound coming from the bushes. He tilted his head in the direction of the sound. He stared at the bush for a few minutes.

<I need to get out of here> he thought as he picked up his girlfriend and slowly walked away from the bush backwards.

He kept walking until he hit something. He stood there frozen. He felt the soft touch of an ice cold hand crawl up his spine. He shivered as he slowly turned his head towards the person.

THWACK!!!

Mario stirred in his slumber

Mario stirred in his slumber. He woke up to the sound of a soft yet familiar voice telling him to wake up. He could feel a soft pair of hands shaking him. 

"Mario! Mario! Wake up!!!" a soft voice spoke.

Slowly but surely, Mario opened his eyes to see his girlfriend staring at him. 

"Your awake!!!" she squealed as she hugs him.

Mario proceeds to hug her back.

"Where are we..?" He asks.