CHAPTER 5 - THE HEART REMEMBERS

Important Note - The first scene of how Arnav first meets Khushi is in Chapter 2.Its a continuation from there. And the next couple of chapters will be about their story of the past, which they both are now replaying in their heads in the present - after they have finally come face to face after eight long years.

Chapter 5 – The Heart Remembers

Flashback

Eight Years Ago

Khushi's POV

I sat in my usual corner seat in the library and finished up with the reading that was on our list, before class this evening.I looked at the time, I still had 15 minutes before class, so I decided to get my hot chocolate from the little cafeteria opposite the library. It was my usual stop, before I stepped into class.

Lucky for me, my morning classes were almost done by 11 am and then I did a four hour part time shift in the admissions and counselling department, between Noon to 4pm, my evenings were mostly free, so I used it up by enrolling myself for these short duration evening courses that were conducted in my college, every now and then.And because my grades were always on point, I could manage to get a part scholarship in most of them,and then I would use some part of my saved up money that I had made from doing all sorts of part time jobs in between over the last three years in Babson, for these evening courses.

In this entrepreneurship course, we had our classes run upto 2 hours until 7pm mostly, four days of the week, and then I would take the bus back home, in time to help Jenny my roommate with dinner, which we almost ate together everyday before she left for her shift at the nearby club as a bartender. I loved Jenny a lot, and we had been living together ever since our second year into graduation, she was also a scholarship student like me at Babson, and we met on our first day of class and connected immediately. She was my support system here in Boston, and I wouldn't know how to go on without her. She also took up a lot of part time jobs in between classes to save up money, and by the end of first year we had saved up enough to share the rent for this little flat at the outskirts of the city, it added to our transit time, because college was now a 40 minute bus ride away, we had to just make one change in the buses due to the routes, but it worked for us, because living at the outskirts just worked out more economical for us.

Right then my phone beeped, it was Jenny.

Jenny : Hi khush, running late at the cafe,covering up for Sam, will go to the club directly from here.See you later.

I smiled as I read that.Jenny also worked at a barista in a café, near our house.

I quickly replied : ok.Remember to eat dinner though.

I sipped my hot chocolate and it was only then his thought come back to my head.The one I had met yesterday at the basketball court incidentally.I had no clue until he mentioned that he was in my class as well.

Arnav.His name was nice though and now that I think about it, he was also very handsome,and he also had a very nice smile.

And there was definetly something about those eyes.I felt nervous as I felt my insides flip as I remembered a couple of our eyelocks from the previous evenings, that had happened incidentally as I had tended to his wound.I didn't want to give much weightage to it because it was due to the situation that I had to stand so close into him, so it was natural for our eyes to lock as we spoke. It had felt good to talk to him, but then again, with my personality, it was easy for me to talk to anyone and everyone.But I didn't let people in that easily into the story of my life, but there was something about him.I didn't want to be too harsh on myself,as the conversation with him flowed so naturally , it did seem right in that moment.