You May Say Goodbye

You may say goodbye, but your heart has not strayed from mine...

My heart ached for the one who would fill it with love, hope and joy!

Then you appeared and it longed no more for it was complete and whole once again. 

Did you ever really love me or were you just going through the motions? Trying to pretend to depend on my heart the way I do yours.....

I am left feeling heartache and an emptiness that was once filled with your comfort and what I thought was your love. Maybe I am the fool in this game of love you're playing?

Perhaps I am just another stone in your life's path?

I wonder to myself if I dreamt the connection we shared?

Who will fulfill all those promises and glimpses of a life you painted in my heart and soul?

Who shall I turn to and weep these tears that you have released from my soul?

Who will hold me until the pain stops?

Who fixes this? Who cures my broken heart?

Because I didn't just lose a lover, I have lost my best friend...

 These are all questions running through my mangled mind....

The void that you filled has grew deeper with your absence, leaving me devastated. 

If I could hate you, I would be cured! I cannot make myself loath your existence.  You are the one who made me feel alive if only for a second in the book of life...

It was beautiful, magical, amazing, mind boggling, and I knew it was to good to be true........ I was waiting holding my breath pleading silently that we would make it. That just once I could have a Cinderella ending...................

Instead I turned into a mouse holding a pumpkin, no glass slipper and white knight for me. I smile to the world so they don't see my tears, but I can't hide them from you.

You have always seen through my masks.  With each day that  passes it gets harder to paint that face on that they expect. It gets harder to pack this burden on my back and walk the same straight line. I had you to hold my hand and to let me lean on you.

Enough of my whining and tears blurring my words. I miss you. I will move on with life, I will not let anyone else hurt my heart as you have. I ponder now if maybe this is why you are like you are? Was your heart broken and forgotten? Is this why you have shattered mine? I guess I shall never know...........