Meeting the Robotics Prodigy

• Dedicated to My Brother: Jason

        As a 14 year old robotics prodigy, Hiro Hamada was on his way to attending the college of his dreams. " I can't believe that I'm actually going to college Tadashi. It's like I fit in and actually belong here. I mean you remember what happened when I was little." said Hiro. Tadashi replied " It's great to see you so happy bro. I know the way those kids treated you was wrong, but it was the right thing to forget about it." " Yeah I guess you're right. After class do you want to go to the San Fransokyo Cafe?" asked Hiro. " There's no where I'd rather be." giggled Tadashi. 

        Hiro and Tadashi were walking to the cafe when a man in a kabuki mask launched microbots at the young teen, sending him crashing onto the hard pavement causing a large gash on his head. " Hiro!" cried Tadashi as he ran to aid his little brother. Before Tadashi could turn around to see the masked villain he was no where to be seen. He turned his head to see his limp brother with blood smeared on his face. " I'm sorry." he whispered. " It happened so fast I couldn't do anything to block you. I'm sorry" He picked up Hiro and ran straight to their aunt who worked at the San Fransokyo cafe. " Hey guys what's? - --  What happened? Hiro, sweetie can you hear me?" cried Cass. Tadashi and Cass rushed Hiro to the nearest hospital. The older brother was extremely devastated. He told his parents that he would always keep his younger brother safe, no matter what happened. As the doctor came out of the room where Hiro was being held, Tadashi ran as fast as he could to meet the young man. " Your brother sustained a pretty hard blow to the head, he should fully recover. However he needs to take it easy for the next few weeks." said the young doctor. " May I see him?" pleaded Tadashi. " Yes you may." replied the doctor. " Though he still might not be awake yet." Tadashi walked into his brother's hospital room and saw his baby brother with bandages on his forehead and stitches on the side of his face. He sat down and took his brother by the hand and said " Hey Hiro. I know you might not be able to hear me but I wanted to say that I'm sorry. I told mom and dad that I would keep you safe and I failed to do my job. You're the best brother in the world. I don't know what I'd do without you." his eyes streaming with tears. He waited to see if his limp brother would respond. Nothing but the sound of beeping machines filled the air, so Tadashi just sat and waited, still holding his baby brother's hand.