Meeting After The Battle

The battle was long and well fought, with the gargoyles of Castle Wyvern being victorious. The castle watched as the Vikings turned tail and ran away, as quickly as possible to get away from the monsters, as they called the gargoyles. The Viking leader threatened the castle dwellers with his return, though no fear was shown on any gargoyle's face. 

The gargoyles gathered atop a tower of the castle, watching as the Vikings ran and the human soldiers cheered as the fired arrows at the retreating Vikings.  Goliath's mate was bandaging the wound he received from the sword of the Viking leader, while the others watched the scene below.

Two sets of claws scraping against the stone floor caught the attention of the older gargoyles. Heads turned to the opening where The King and Princess of gargoyles emerged from the shadows.

"You all fought valiantly, we thank you," The King stated, a proud tone in his voice. One of his arms was wrapped around his daughter's shoulders, and she too had a proud smile on her beak as her eyes fluttered over the clan that stood before the two. It was a rather impressive clan. Not one of the biggest The Princess had seen, but it may very well have been one of the fiercest looking.

At the appearance of their royalty, many of the castle dwellers took a knee, others bowed deeply in respect.

The Princess curtsied, holding the sides of her skirt out to the sides, while The King bowed his head in thanks to the warriors, for their success in defending their home, as well as the lives of himself and his daughter. 

The gargoyles all stood to their full heights, smiles adorned their faces. Most of the castle dwellers then took off over the sides of the tower, intending on doing their own things, leaving the royals, Goliath and his mate, and the young trio.

The Princess trotted over to the edge of the tower, placing a clawed hand on the ledge as she watched the last traces of the Vikings disappeared into the forest. Golden eyes glared out over the horizon as she let out a hiss in their direction, as if THAT was going keep the Vikings from coming back. She huffed before she went to turn back around to rejoin her father, who was conversing with Goliath, his mate, and The Elder as well as the Captain, who had stayed silent during the earlier interactions. As The Princess turned, her eyes caught sight of the young trio, who were off in a corner of the tower, reenacting the fight they had just taken part in. Excitement was held on their faces as they threw fake punches and spun around, tail whipping invisible enemies.

The Princess let out a soft giggle as she softly stepped closer to the trio, as to not disrupt the story reenactment. 

"Those Vikings didn't see me coming," the red gargoyle said pointing his thumb to his chest, with his eyes closed, looking very proud of himself.  The olive gargoyle rolled his eyes and shook his head, while the teal one crossed his arms over his chest and watched as his red brother recreate a fight scene that he was only half sure even happened.

"And then I turn around and BAM!" the red brother swiftly turned and threw his fist out, like he was striking an enemy that was sneaking up behind him. But as he turned and threw the punch, he wasn't aware of The Princess coming up behind him. He sent up a prayer, thanking the heavens he hadn't actually hit The Princess, though his fist was mere inches from her face.

Upon spying the fist coming at her face, The Princess froze in place, eyes wide in fear, and her breath escaping her lungs in a gasp. Time seemed to freeze as the four young gargoyles registered the scene before them. The red brother's harsh stance faltered quickly as he jumped back, landing on all fours, staring up at The Princess in alarm. The other two young males both had gasped and jerked forward like they could have stopped anything.

"P-P-Princess," the red brother stuttered out as he slowly stood up, though he still hunched over as if he was ready for one of the elder's wrath to come down upon him, hands wringing each other in front of his chest. The Princess stood, still in shock, beak slightly agape and eyes still wide. 

After what seemed like hours, The Princess blinked quickly and shook her head. She looked at the red brother, and that alone seemed to set him into an apology frenzy. The red gargoyle dropped to his knee and began begging for forgiveness, as if he had actually struck the female before him. The female looked down at him and her brows furrowed in confusion. She looked to the other two young males, and they jumped and also dropped to their knee. Their actions made The Princess take a step back. She turned her head toward the elders, who miraculously hadn't noticed the commotion over their own conversation.

The Princess turned back to the gargoyles on their knees in front of her. She knelt down in front of the red brother and put her hand on his bare shoulder. His body tensed before his head shot up, eyes wide, still pleading for her forgiveness. She gave him that same gentle smile he had seen back before they had joined the fight.

"If you apologize any louder, you'll attract the elders' attention," she said, nodding toward the group of elders speaking among themselves. The trio glanced toward the elders, then back to The Princess as she stood up and beckoned them to stand as well, which they did rather hesitantly. "Besides, there is nothing to apologize for."

"But, your highness, i almost-" the red brother began but was silenced when The Princess interrupted.

"Almost, but you didn't," she said as she clasped her hands behind her back, smile ever present on her beak. "I should not have snuck up behind you in the first place. So, I must ask for YOUR forgiveness," she added as she bowed her head.

"No! Your highness, there is forgive to nothing, uh, nothing to forgive!" he said as he rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment over his blunder. But The Princess giggled, and the sound brought a smile to all three of them. Knowing that they weren't in trouble for nearly punching the princess of gargoyles set them all at ease, at least a little bit.

"So, what do you castle dwellers do for fun around here," the princess asked clasping her hands in front of her chest, excitement rang in her voice and shown in her eyes.

The trio smirked to each other.