Never really fake

The team Rocket trio was in the middle going over another plan to catch Pokémon but were caught in an unexpected surprise. Literally. Although it wasn't a fun surprise.

The three were caught up in a net by none other James's parents. Jefferson and Abigail Morgan. (I made up their names because I got tired of typing James's mom/dad)

"I'm so glad we finally found you Jamison." Abigail chimed.

"Now you can finally come home and get married to Jessabelle." Jefferson added.

James eyes widened in shock. He couldn't get married to Jessabelle. Not now. Too much had changed. Plus she was absolutely crazy and he didn't want to be stuck with that.

"I can't do that!" James protested.

"And why not?" Abigail asked.

"Because..." James knew have had to think quickly. "Because I'm married to Jessie." He forced a smile a put his arm around her. "Just go along with this." He begged through his teeth.

"You two...are married? Since when? And why would you marry...her?" Abigail wrinkled her nose at Jessie.

"Because I love her." James beat Jessie to the punch. "She makes me happy. You do want be to be happy, don't you?"

Though it was odd to speak it, he had to be convincing.

"Then prove it. Take off your gloves and show us the rings." Jefferson demanded.

James's face paled in fright. How was he going to explain the absence of the wedding bands? It wouldn't make any sense. Thankfully, Jessie came to the rescue.

"We would love to but we don't have them. With our lack of funds, we can hardly afford food let alone two wedding bands." Jessie explained.

James's parents turned away to whisper amongst themselves. As they talked, Meowth tried to cut through the net but it was turner than he expected. Before the cat Pokémon could even break a single thread, they turned back around.

"Alright. We have a proposition for you." Abigail announced.

"We're listening." Jessie grumbled.

"You will show us respect." Jefferson snapped at her.

"Pardon me." Jessie snarled sarcastically. "But I'd be in a much better mood if I wasn't caught in a net."

"What is the proportion?" James asked to get back on track.

The two glared a Jessie one last time before returning their attention to the both of them.

"Being that we missed your wedding...and if you really love this girl...then we want to help." Jefferson began.

"But, we have some conditioning. You will quit this team rocket and move back home. In exchange, we will throw you two a proper wedding. Though, Jessie will have to pretend to be a long lost twin of Jessabelle." His mom finished. "So, do we have a deal?"

"Sure." James replied quickly.

James then looked to Jessie, silently begging her to give in. Even though he wasn't thrilled about how things were turning out, it was better than his parents hunting him down. This also meant he wouldn't have to deal with Jessabelle anymore. Which was another huge load off his back.

"It's a deal." Jessie finally agreed.

"Splendid." Abigail chirped.

With that the team was released from the net and forcefully escorted to a fancy limo. The ride was dead silent as the five sat in the limo. Even as they entered the house none of them said a word. Until their visitor of the hour sprang up out of nowhere.