Ch7 : It was Mary Lee

Please guys help my story grow, all I ask for is to vote really simple J

And THANK U to @pepperminthoran on instagram for the new cover don’t u just LOVE IT

Instagram people must follow her

     “Listen Cal I’m going to tell you something” I said those word sensing fear in the little boy’s eyes, “what you heard is…. KARMAAAAA!!” I said that faking a laugh along. What did you expect me to do? “Next time you mess with me remember this is the least of my powers.” I said rubbing my hands together. “So… It was just you?” He asked and I nodded. “But it just… I mean no way that was your voice… Are you just saying this so I won’t panic?” Damn you kid don’t make this harder than it is. “No Cal, it was actually me… Ahhh I’m so happy that I gained the privilege to scare you on our first day. This is going to be a hell of a holiday!” Well I got the ‘hell’ part right. The next thing I know was Cal tickling me throwing some really weak punches on me and while I try to fight back, Beth comes out of the shower without asking about what’s happening she jumps on bed joining the tickling match. That’s how we end up all tangled in each other laughing, and how relaxing that felt on the inside.

      Going down the stairs, I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder and I froze then I realized it’s only Ryan, “Calm down girl, I’m not a serial killer.” He commented and I just forced a laugh. “Yeah, but you can be an axe murderer!” I said and he just chuckled replying “There’s always that possibility.” We both laughed as we quoted The Fault In Our Stars and we even laughed harder as Adam shouted “NERDS”. Ryan has the looks that can get any girl and he gives a mysterious vibe but on the inside he is just a guy that is so care-free and loves books. Just as we were at the last steps Ryan fell down hugging his body and cursing out loud. He rolled down till he was at the bottom of the stairs and I rushed down to check on him. I helped him lift himself as I reached him just as Adam and Aunt Helen came to see what happened. We were all throwing questions on him while he just sat there rubbing his head and by the look in his eyes he seemed so confused like he can make no sense though all that happened was him falling down the stairs. Then his eyes met mine and the confusion in them turned into fear and I felt that sting in my heart. Adam interrupted this staring match by telling us to help him get up to the coach while looking back and forth between the both of us like he was trying to figure us out.

    Now that Ryan was actually back to normal and everybody was done asking him what happened and he just using the same answer “I just tripped!” we were all seated on the table ready for dinner. Everybody started eating normally and talking; Beth was also telling me about some girl she knew and all she got was a nod from me as I focused on my plate not daring to lift my head up. Well every time I tried to sneak and look up both my brother and cousin are looking at me but I couldn’t make eye contact with any. Personally, I felt it really strong that what happened to Ryan was the same that happened to Cal but of course Ryan was more mature than to just say that out loud directly. While I noticed that he was somehow zoned out thinking about it and relating whatever exactly happened to me. Then there’s Adam who was like as if he knew but at the same did not know what happened if that makes any sense.

    “It’s like I’m talking to those walls! God! The three of you aren’t even listening about how the school biggest diva actually fell into a trash can. It was epic. One hell of an incident against stereotypy of high school. SERIOUSLY FOCUS!” Beth shouted at us, our parents just laughed, my brother  and I just gave her cold looks and Ryan gave her one deadly glare making her sink in her seat.

    Dinner was over awkwardly silent everyone were in their rooms, I was in mine and Beth’s room both lying on the big bed we were sharing when Beth decided she wanted to go down and sit on the balcony; just after she left I was fast asleep.

     I opened my eyes to someone shaking me. “Beth stop please, I want some sleep.” But she didn’t. I sit up in bed and what I saw made my breath stop in my throat. It was me, a little pale and wearing some worn out dress and what seemed like old accessories. The eyes were staring down deep that it felt like it was digging holes in me. Then it hit me, that wasn’t me… This is Mary Lee…