𝟙𝟘- ✯𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕜✯

After the whole trust issue brigade, he found out about Jim's dad and decided to keep us working day and night, and decided to teach us everything we missed out on.

"Well, since the captain has put you two in my charge, like it or not I'll be pounding a few skills into that thick head you both got to keep the two of you out of trouble."He tapped the both of our foreheads.

"What?"

"Excuse me?"

"From now on, I'm not letting either of you out of me sight."

"You can't do..."

"What the he..."

"The both of you wont so much as eat, sleep, or scratch your bums without my say-so"

We glared at him as Jim responded grabbing my hand"Don't do us any favors!" Silver put his arm around us.

"Oh you can be sure of that, my lad. You can be sure of that."

✯ ✯ ✯

"Put some elbow into it!"me and Jim sat on a wooden plank hanging from a rope as we scrapped barnacles off the bottom of the ship. I rolled my eyes in annoyance as Silver screamed words of 'encouragement' at us.

✯ ✯ ✯

I leaned against Jim as we peeled the potatoes, removing the skin with knives. I looked back and noticed Jim staring up out the grate on top of us. I nudged him, causing him to look down at me, as a smile graced his lips, causing me to smile back.

✯ ✯ ✯

I sat lazily next to Jim as me and Jim examined our ropes, Silver tried teaching us how to make a knot. I rolled my eyes as I made mine with ease, Jim did the same completely ignoring Silver as we put our knots on two separate hooks and slid down them. I ended up walking on the railing of the ship, Jim following close behind as we talked about anything that came to mind, avoiding the one topic niether of us dared to bring up.

✯ ✯ ✯

Me and Jim scrubbed the floors of the ship with a brush, (being thankful it wasn't a toothbrush) as we talked about our childhood and times when we'd outsmart Robo cops. Still avoiding that one topic, every time I'd think about it my gut would churn as I'd think that he was just doing it in the moment, and didn't actually feel the same. Silver came over to the two of us as I glared up at him, Jim stood up a glare on his face as Silver shoved a bucket in Jim's hands. He pointed to the floor, I rolled my eyes and went back to scrubbing the floor, when Jim threw the bucket of water splashing me with it, he mumbled a "sorry" and went back to work.

✯ ✯ ✯

I stood next to Jim on the bowsprit as we looked out into the stars, I held onto the rope behind me as I pointed out different constellations, and talked about them to Jim. "That one is Lyra, funny story about that, Lyra was this guy named Orpheus' harp, after his wife died he became depressed and was killed..." I felt someone's stare on me as I slowly turned my head, I met a pair of sea blue eyes. I blushed as he smiled down at me, I sent him a warm smile back as I turned to look back at the stars"His harp was thrown into a river, Zeus sent an eagle to retrieve the harp, and was then placed in the night sky becoming the constellation Lyra"

✯ ✯ ✯

I leaned against Jim on the steps, a slight smile on my face as me and Jim listened and watched Silver tell stories to other crew members. I felt someone grab my hand, taking my attention away from silver and over to Jim. His attention was on Silver as Jim took a sip out of his mug, I looked down at our interlocked hands, I smiled, laying my head on his shoulder.

✯ ✯ ✯

I sat on a stool next to Jim as we washed dishes, talking and splashing water at each other playfully, here and there, again avoiding the long forgotten question. After awhile, Silver came down with more dishes, dropping them in front of us. I glared at the dishes in front of me as Jim angrily grabbed a pot and started to clean it.

After awhile I was on my last dish, as I tiredly scrubbed the pot, I glanced over at Jim, only to see him already fast asleep on one of the pots. I laughed a bit to myself and shook my head while picking up my pot and putting it in the pile of clean dishes. I sat back down on the stool, laying my head on Jim's back, wrapping my arms around myself. After a few minutes I felt something being put over me, as I opened one of my eyes I just caught a glimpse of silver walking back up the steps, causing a light smile to grace my lips.

✯ ✯ ✯

Me, Jim and Silver all worked to get the long boat out of the ship, Silver pointed to the other side and told us to undo the rope, Jim was quick to undo it. Me and Jim now stood on different sides of the platform as Silver left in the boat, causing me to frown a bit. I tugged on the end of my sleeves wrapping my arms around myself, suddenly Silver showed back up below us as he gestured for the two of us to hop on.

Me and Jim both smiled as we hopped down. I sat in the front of the boat as Silver sat in the back explaining the controls to Jim. Jim cut him off when we suddenly shot forward making Silver fly back, I stood on my knees gripping the front of the boat, as the wind (is it wind? Idk on with the story) blew through my hair. We ended up flying near a comet, I smiled as I stuck my hand out to it, collecting stardust in my hands. I turned back to look at Jim a wide smile on my face, he sent a smile back as we flew into the comet.

I turned back around, putting my hands up in excitement as we did a bunch of barrel rolls, causing me to laugh. Once we got back out my hair was full of stardust, shaking my head to get it all out. We flew around for a little while longer, until we got back to the ship.