Chapter Eleven: Wonder Woman

Harley was tossed into her cell. She landed on her arm. "Oof!" It took a second before she sat back up. She quickly crawled over to the door right as Huntress had locked it. The cell door locked shut as Harley grasped onto the bars. She shook them as hard as she could. "Get me outta here! Get me out! Yer holdin' me against my will!"

I sighed. "Harley, it's just for now. If you're cooperative with us, you will not be here for much longer."

"I ain't being yer dirty mole!"

Huntress glared at her. "You are what we say you are. If you're our bitch, you're our bitch."

I frowned as I placed my hand on Huntress's shoulder. "That's enough."

Harley stuck her tongue out. She spat at us.

Batwoman frowned. "Quit it, Quinn."

She crossed her arms with a glare in her eyes.

I sighed as I left the cell door. I could still hear the metal clang of the door as Harley shook against it.

"So what do we do now?" Black Canary asked as we left Harley's cell.

"I haven't the slightest idea," Batwoman replied.

"Whether or not it's Joker," I said, "we need more people on our side."

"Huh?" Black Canary looked to me with a raised eyebrow.

"We need as many hands on deck as possible."

"What for?"

"We don't know whether this epidemic is as large-scale as we fear. Whether it is or isn't, we need to have as many healthy heroes and vigilantes as possible. Just in case. Maybe Supergirl and Batgirl can help recruit as well."

"How do you plan on recruiting them?" Batwoman asked.

"Batwoman has a point," Huntress replied, "I can maybe see Supergirl and Batgirl getting recruiters because they're kids, but with you, it's not like they're just gonna drop everything to join us."

"I understand that," I said, "but I have connections."

Batwoman crossed her arms. "What kind of connections?"

A smile drew across my face.

The sun shone down on Gotham City the next morning. The air was cool, barely holding on to what little of summer heat it originally had. I walked down the street, my Lasso of Truth and tiara hidden away. After a little bit, I came across a small theater. Along the marquee, it read: "Zatanna: the Mistress of Magic! Performing at the Monarch Theater all through October!"

I couldn't help but smile at this. "Found you, Zee." With that, I walked into the theater. The foyer had a white marble staircase greeted me. It created an arch to lead to the concessions in the lobby. Windows into the actual theater were draped with red, velvet curtains. The ceiling had a gilded look to it. A magnificent chandelier hung from the center.

"Ladies and gentlemen," a feminine, bubbly voice called out from further off, "for my next trick, I will need a member from the audience."

I turned my head to the sound. I speed-walked under the staircase and through the lobby. I turned left into the theater. People sat in the audience, facing the stage. There was a red backdrop with the word "Zatanna" written in gold cursive. Under it, it read, "Mistress of Magic!" also in gold cursive. Golden stars dotted the backdrop. On stage, a young woman with raven-colored hair and olive skin stood there. She wore a blacktail tuxedo with a white vest underneath. Her legs were covered with fishnet stockings, with black heels at her feet. She wore white gloves, with a magician's wand in one hand. A pale yellow corset wrapped around her torso. A white necktie hugged her neck. On her head, she wore a black top hat. She looked into the audience before picking out a man who seemed to be in his early 50's. His skin was almost as pale as paper.