Chapter 01: Kim Seungmin

Kim Seungmin, a sophomore at Seoul Art Academy*, is what you'd call a model student. He makes sure to keep his grades up, teachers love him, he tries his best to participate in class and he often helps his classmates with their homework. Furthermore, thanks to his brilliant profile, teachers have already recommended him as the future student committee president. To back it up even more, he was already the freshman representative for the past year and now the sophomore representative. Even though he still had 2 years to go before actually taking the place of the current president, he had the confidence to do well.

Despite being one of the top students, Seungmin is still a normal boy, with his little group of friends and of course, his own problems. His main problem being, in his opinion, his love interest. He has had his share of confessions and dates but nothing conclusive as his mind is forever stuck on a certain senior year student since the summer of his freshman year.

Kim Seungmin has had a crush on this guy, a senior by two years, and has never thought of confessing his feelings ever as he felt totally invisible for the said guy.

'Invisible' is the term he likes to use to describe his own presence in comparison to others' in general. First of all, his crush is a dance major, and 'dance majors are out of anyone's league' Jeongin, his classmate and one of his best friends often tells him, which the nerdy Seungmin can't help but admit himself. Second of all, the student he fancies is nothing like himself. Popular, flirty, amazing at any sports — although Seungmin himself isn't so bad in this field either — and to top it all, he is gorgeous. For sure Hyunjin, another one of his closest friends who is in the dance course, isn't any less stunning, however his eyes just go to the dancing gem that is this senior year student.

What upsets him — as he believes he has no hope whatsoever — is that this gorgeous dancer is all the other students ever talk about. Even if he tried to give up on his feelings, more than once, he keeps hearing about the popular guy on almost every occasion for as long as he is on school grounds. During lunch, during a break, during class change, during self-study, during sports, in the toilets sometimes, yes, even boys would talk about him. In other words, he is all the school ever talks about and although Seungmin expected himself to grow tired of it all, that only made him even more interested.

Now, what surprised him at first was that all he heard was how nice of a person the popular guy actually was. After a while, he would spot his crush in the middle of the cafeteria even without searching. If he passed a corridor while he was buying juice, he would steal glances at him. However, he would have never expected to end up rushing into him, of all people, making them both fall butt first on the floor, on a Wednesday afternoon of his third week as a sophomore.

"Hey! Are you ok?" The other calls out first, actually showing worry for the model student, even though they don't technically know each other – see that doesn't help the younger one to get over his crush. A few seconds pass and after a few attempts to say something, nothing comes out from his dried-up lips. The vocal major then decides to at least nod and eventually starts picking up his own fallen books. "Let me help. This is partly my fault." says the senior as he proceeds to crouch down to help. The situation was too embarrassing for the younger one to think of anything decent to say at the moment.

Seungmin has been sick for the past week and finally came back after his parents let him, convincing them that he was perfectly fine. He needed to catch up on the classes he missed, which lead him to the library to gather a few books. Of course, as a model student, he has already copied all of Jeongin's notes, he got pictures of his notes sent to him the day before. Nonetheless, he liked to make sure of the accuracy of the facts written in his notes, even for his own. Being the book-worm, he is, the boy didn't choosejust a few of them and ended up picking some for his own enjoyment as well. The school's library had received the latest books of a series he liked, written by an English author.