Chapter 3

Okay, I went into that counselor meeting expecting to be bored or give reports from the infirmary or something. I did NOT expect to leave the meeting with a quest. Even thought it's not officially a quest, I'm leaving camp with just a few other people, and I have nothing else to call it, so I'm calling it a quest.

I got back to an empty cabin. Everyone's probably at the infirmary, I thought. I might as well go join them. I'm sure there's something I can do to help.

~~~~

"Wow," I muttered. I lay exhausted on my bed. It was nearly nine, and almost everyone had come back from the infirmary. All I had been doing for the past two hours was running errands for everyone. It mostly involved getting more ambrosia and nectar from the kitchens. I still needed to tell Will about my 'quest' tomorrow, so I decided to do it right then. "Is Will still in the infirmary?" I asked Nicole, my half-sister. We're about the same age, and we probably have the strongest bond out of everyone in the Apollo cabin. She nodded, and I walked back out to the infirmary.

Will was excusing Drew from the infirmary when I got there. Drew broke her arm somehow during the fight with Gaea and her army of monsters, and made such a big deal about it, even though she's fine. It's just a broken arm, but she refused to leave for a while. I was glad to see that she was finally leaving. She was so annoying. "Teagan, I'm glad you're here. I need a little help for a sec." Will said to me once he finally got Drew out the door.

"I just need to tell you something," I told him.

"Yeah, and I just need you're help for a sec."

"Fine. What do you need?"

"I need you to go to the Athena cabin and get Annabeth."

"Okay... why do you need her? Not that I don't like Annabeth or anything, but why her?"

"Annabeth allied herself with us for capture the flag, and to get us on her team, she offered to help in the infirmary whenever I need it. It beats the deal Clarisse gave us."

"And that was...?"

"Shower times." 

"Yeah, Annabeth's deal was better. I'll be right back." I started walking towards to Cabin 6, the Athena cabin. I knocked on the door, and it opened with a surprised looking Malcom standing there. "Where's Annabeth? Will needs her help." I told him.

"She's at Percy's cabin."

"Oh. Thank you!" I called back to him as he closed the door. "Of course she is." I muttered under my breath as soon as the door closed completely. I walked over to Cabin 3 and was just about to knock on Percy's door when it opened wide. Annabeth was standing there, saying goodbye to Percy.

"Oh, hi Teagan. What are you doing here?" Annabeth asked.

"Will needs your help in the infirmary." I replied.

"Dang it. I was hoping he would forget about that."

Percy looked confused. "Forget about what?"

"I promised to help him so he would be on our team for capture the flag." Annabeth told Percy.

"Oh. Okay. See ya tomorrow." Percy called as we walked away. On our way back to the infirmary, Annabeth told me Malcom would be able to go, and leaving around 9:30am would be the best time to leave. Wonderful, I thought, I'm going to Olympus with The Oracle and Annabeth's half-brother who I hardly knew. Possibly Connor, too. Then again, a child of Athena would be nice to have. As soon as we arrived, Will pulled Annabeth away and got busy.

"Will, I still haven't told you about what happened at the counselor meeting." I remarked.

"Okay." I could tell he was really distracted.

"I have a quest. Well, it's not really a quest, but I'm going to Olympus with Rachel, Malcom, and maybe Connor."

"Okay... wait, WHAT?" He turned around and the funniest look of amazement was on his face.

"To see if we can do anything to help Apollo."

"Oh." He paused for a moment before continuing, "Are you sure about this?"

"I can't back out now."

"I guess. You should get back to the cabin and get sleep. You'll need some for tomorrow."

"Fine," I grumbled. I headed back to my cabin. By the time I got there, almost everybody was already in bed. I got dressed quickly and climbed in myself. Yet, as hard as I tried, I couldn't fall asleep. There were so many things on my mind, and I dreaded having another nightmare. I had a quest tomorrow, which also meant I was going to miss capture the flag. How are we going to get there? Will I even do anything helpful? I'm probably going to make a fool of myself. What if something goes wrong? As all these thoughts went through my head, exhaustion finally took over.

You may have noticed by now, but my cover is terrible. I am working on the final one, I just haven't found enough time to finish it. Until I do, you are just going to have to deal with a bad cover. Sorry. Please comment and vote!