Diagon Alley: Buying your stationary

Now that you have your money lets go spend it!

Now along with your letter saying that you have been accepted it will also come with another letter explaining what you need.

First year list:

Uniform:

Three sets of plain work robes: black

One plain pointed hat: black for everyday wear

One pair of protective gloves: dragon hide or similar

One winter cloak: black, silver fastenings

Please note that all pupil’s clothes should have name tags.

Course Books:

The Standard Book Of Spells: Grade 1

by Miranda Goshawk

A History Of Magic

by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory A Beginners Guide To Transfiguration

By Adalbert Waffling

One Thousand Magical Herbs And Fungi

By Emeric Switch

Magical Draft And Potions

By Phyllida Spore

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them

By Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection

By Quentin Trimble

Other Equipment:

1 wand

1 cauldron: pewter, standard size 2

1 set glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl, cat or a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS.

So that is what it should look like. Now below we have put down a few places where you can buy your things, they are…

Money - Gringotts Wizarding Bank: Already done that

Clothes - Madam Malkin's Robes For All Occasions: Be careful going in there with any female members as you won’t leave for an eternity

School Books - Flourish And Blotts: Any bookworms are advised to get in there early as you may not leave for a while

Apothecary - Basic Potion Ingredients: Watch out for the eyes that follow you

Wand - Ollivanders: Don’t really have a warning for him except be careful when trying out your wands and he tends to swing on the ladder of his bookcase, wand case, area thing

Potage’s Cauldron Shop: This is where you can buy your cauldron’s, it is also the ideal place for an epic game of hide and go seek

Scribbulus Writing Instruments: In this place you will find all your ink and parchments needed for your school year, be aware though to watch young children there as there is alot of arts supplies within their reach

Last but not least once you have shopped here for your school supplies it is time to get a little treat for yourself. Diagon alley has an assortment of shops and restaurants, a few of them are…

Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlouris an Ice cream parlour where she sells all types of Ice creams.

Rosa Lee teabag is a tea shop where all you tea loving muggles can go and taste a brew worth remembering.

Sugarplum’s Sweets Shop is as you can probably already tell by the name a sweets shop that sells sweets.

These are just a few places but I must hasten us as we are already running late by just walking around. Now once you have your school supplies we must get your animal, according to the list you can get a cat, an owl or a toad. You can buy these at Eeylops Owl Emporium or Magical Menagerie.Now there are a few things that can happen while buying your stationery and other supplies, Trapulation, Stressulation, and Death.

Tampulation: or easily put ‘being trampled or trodden on’. Quite easily to fall under this because there are so many kids and adults rushing to get the best bargains or the best of the best and you kinda end up on the ground with footprints prints all over you. If you want an image of what you look like just think of Loki after he was tossed around by the Hulk in ‘The Avengers’. Yes we wizards watch these things too, besides it had one of the best wizards in history Loki being portrayed in it, why wouldn’t we want to watch it?

Stressulation: or in basic terms ‘STRESS OVERLOAD!!!’ This can happen quite easily when you have just found out you're going to hogwarts and now you have to buy all these VERY specific books and school equipment the stress starts to build up until before you know it you’ve had a stroke before your 50. An easy way to avoid this is quite simple really, when you start to have the stress build up ‘Have a break...have a kitkat’ that or just take a few deep breaths and just keep moving.

Death: Sadly this isn’t as rare of an occurrence as we would like. This can occur: Usually with females by what we call duels you muggles call fights. Usually obnoxious mothers try to bring down other mothers or children and they retaliate, please for goodness sake, unless you know you will win use your ‘WITS’

Walk away

Ignore them

Talk to Someone if it continues and…

Stand up for yourself

Only use the last one if you know you will win. Well now that you have gotten through all the obstacles you can now go to school where you will learn how to do all this without lifting a finger. Next stop, platform 9 ¾.