Chapter 25 - Father Knows Best

*That Night After The Play*

---

Adrien had just returned home from "trying" to visit Mari before she threw him out... 

she knew... 

she knew who he was... 

had... 

had L-Lady bug... told her? 

Adrien sighed as his transformation wore off. He was just about to walk over and fall into bed, when he heard his bedroom door open. 

"Adrien, where have you been?" 

the boy looked shocked... 

Ladies and Gentlemen... 

Mr. Gabriel Agreste, in the flesh. 

Adrien ignored his father as he continued over to his bed 

"You do realize what time it is, correct? Nathalie has been searching everywhere for you. So answer... where have you been?" 

Adrien groaned before turning his head to glare at his father "Oh, so Nathalie was looking for me? Not my own father?"

"Adrien don't be ridiculous. You realize by you leaving out of the blue like that you left ME to try and explain JUST what you were doing up on stage... honestly, you came out as the Prince, after already coming out as the huntsman." 

Adrien sat up with wide blown eyes "You were there?!" 

Gabriel sighed "Yes I was there. Just what WERE you thinking, playing two roles off like that? Does the school NOT have enough of a male population to provide a separate Prince? Not to mention, Miss Bourgeois has been calling me non-stop, informing me that the girl playing Snow White got the role only because of her looks and because everyone felt bad for her... she also tells me that this girl has been trying to take your attention away from everything important, and that as an aspiring Fashion Designer, she's using you to get ahead of the game-"

"You're Wrong!" Adrien shot back

"... Are you calling me a liar, Adrien?"

"No. Chloe's the liar. Mari got that part fair and square. Heck, she didn't even want to try out at first, but all of us... all of her friends... we knew she could do it. And yes, she may be a designer, but she doesn't NEED my name to go places, nor would she EVER use me like that. She's already designed an album cover AND glasses for Jagged Stone, she creates her own clothes, she MADE most of the costumes for the play tonight, INCLUDING her own. She won that hat competition of yours a couple years ago, and her drawings... honestly I'm not sure if anyone else has actually seen them yet, but they're exquisite... she doesn't NEED to use my name to get anywhere. She's doing that all on her own. Chloe's just jealous because everyone really DOES love Marinette. She's humble, strong, beautiful, sweet, compassionate, joyful, bashful, talented, proud, and just... plain good. She's... she's my best friend father... and I will NOT let you bash her good name" Adrien rose to his feet as he stared down his father from the other side of the room.

Gabriel just glared back "So tell me... just WHERE did you go after your little play was over?"

"She ran away, so I went chasing after her"

"And WHY, pray tell, did she run away?"

... "becauseIkissedher,and...shekissedmeback" Adrien mumbled. 

Gabriel paused his next move, considering his next words "So... it was a real kiss after all" 

Adrien hung his head in shame. He couldn't help it, he saw her lying there, and it was like FairyGodmother all over again... he had to kiss her.