05

My husband. My son.

She scolded herself mentally for having such heinous thoughts. Do you really think that low of him?

The thought of Hyuk and Im Yina in the same room made her chest clench -- something that hadn't happened in a long time, not since they had married and he had promised her reassurance for the rest of her life.

She was married to him. She was whom his son longed for every night before bed. It was her hold both of them adored.

So why are you worrying?

Because if he fell in love with her once, he can do it again.

~

Im Yina had not changed one bit.

Her usual sophisticated aura, consisting of her high-end blazers and stilettos and dark lips. He wondered why he had fallen for her to begin with.

"It's been a while.", she spoke with her honey-like voice.

Oh. That's why.

In all the years he had known Hanji, not once did she sing for him. Was it because she was insecure? Because her voice was lacking?

No, that wasn't it. Daeul had heard her sing before and couldn't be bothered enough to share the details with his father. But Im Yina. She sang for Hyuk every day before she left him and that was what hooked him.

"What is this?", Hyuk spoke bluntly, staring her down as she sat comfortably at the restaurant table.

Yina scoffed lightly before standing to meet his eyes. She stood at a respectable distance, something that would not last forever.

"Won't you reunite with me?--"

"Reunite? Is this what you call it?", Kwon Hyuk was always full of respect and etiquette -- never treating others inappropriately but his anger had gotten the best of him.

Yina sat back down with a small grin on her face. "Sit."

Do it for Daeul. If you want to keep your son, you gotta make ends meet.

So he did as he was told but crossed his arms and legs to keep their boundaries apart. "Why now?"

She ignored his question and sipped her white wine calmly. "I have to say you look even better than the last time I saw you."

That's because the last time you saw me, it was the middle of the night -- I was asleep and you ran awa--

"How've you been?", he almost gagged at her casualness.

"Oh you know, raising a child.", he retorted making her smile fade slightly.

She uncrossed her own legs and leaned closer toward him. "H-How is he? He was so small the last time."

"Yina, I'm not here to make friends. Why do you want Daeul now?", Hyuk dismissed her attempt at making conversation and tilted his head in almost mockery.

Sighing, she eyed his broad figure. "Why do you seem so unimpressed to see me?"

He curled his brows furiously, making fists against his chest which were hidden due to his arms being folded. Is she serious? His blood boiled and cooked in anger as he questioned if this woman had actually forgotten what had happened years prior.

"Hyuk, I-I'm here now! We can finally start--", she reached for his hand which he was quick to back away from, standing up completely and almost toppling over his chair.

It was the first time he had ever seen himself so protective and reserved -- almost defendant.

"You're not getting him. Y-You haven't been there and you...You're not getting my son.", was all he could say before he frantically walked out of the small restaurant, almost bumping into a waitress on the way.

His heart ached, his head pounded and his eyes dared to brim with tears. Why does it still hurt? Why can't you face her?

Frantically pulling his phone out of his pocket, he tapped the first person on his contacts list and sighed heavily once she picked up.

"Let me hear your voice.", he spoke quickly.

Hanji complied, "Everything okay?"

Hyuk could only close his eyes and dwell in her soft pillowy voice -- one quite different from Im Yina's. They dwelled in silence, listening to one another breathe through their noses and could only imagine the feeling of being together again.

What was he supposed to say to her? I'm frantic because the biological mother of OUR child had my heart shaking once again? Was that it? Was he supposed to worry Hanji even more than he already had?

"Hyuk...", she whispered.

Hanji's heart beat frantically, knowing how distressed her husband was of the situation along with her own worries as stated prior.

Only this time, they were confirmed.