Chapter 16: Examination

Sorry for the short chapter. I was just in Japan for the holidays and it's expensive to pay for overseas WiFi, so I didn't have any unless I was at the train station or at the hotel. It was horrible! lol 😂😭 We Gen Zs will always love our phones.

I put on my suit and mask and headed towards my zeta tube. "Recognized: Panacea 17." I stepped into the cave.

"Diana, texting 'The Team needs your assistance in the hangar' is very vague. You need to give me more information!" I muttered out as I walked towards the hangar when I suddenly stopped and looked at the scene.

I see Artemis, Aqualad, Miss Martian, and Robin all unconscious on the floor along with Kid Flash and Superboy, who are also unconscious, trapped in a bunch of metal. I looked around and saw a giant dent in a wall.

Oliver, Bruce, Clark, Dinah, Nathaniel, Barry, J'onn, and Orin were all here as well with Barry and Nathaniel trying to break Wally and Superboy out of the metal.

I didn't bother with questions right now as I knew that could come later. I immediately knelt down besides Artemis and started to examine her and look for injuries while my right hand glowed green.

I felt the tissues and felt the low amount of oxygen in them. I narrowed my eyes as I also checked the organs. "It's asphyxia." I announced and I saw a couple of confused looks towards me, so Barry tried to dumb down my words. "Suffocation." That seemed to make more sense to them.

"There's no rope or hand marks and there's no scratches from resistance either, not to mention the amount of oxygen absent is too large for it just to be a hand over the mouth and nose. It's like oxygen was just sucked out of her. She's breathing, so she should wake up in a few minutes." I saw that Oliver was relieved at the news.

I started to focus my attention on M'gann, who was the closest to Artemis. I suddenly felt the same inadequate oxygen as I did with Artemis, but she looked to be in a worse state. I can feel that her systems are working slower than it's supposed to be.

It's just like that time when...I helped J'onn when he was exposed to fire....

"Hey, I think M'gann was exposed to fire! And not just for a couple of seconds!" I shouted as I started to pour my chakra into her body to try heal the damage that's been done.

I noticed that J'onn looked a little bit more than panicked at that statement. I focused on the cells and tissues as I went back to when I studied the Martian biology and anatomy at the Watchtower and helped J'onn.

'It's the same process' I thought to myself as I never lost my focus. I breathed out as I felt most areas going back to normal. "She just needs some rest and her body will start functioning normally again." I explained to J'onn.

J'onn nodded with a relieved expression. "You have my thanks." He thanked as he bowed his head.

I walked towards Aqualad and looked over him. It was suffocation again and dehydration. I looked over at the League. "Get him to the water! He's dehydrated!" I yelled out as Arthur picks him up and headed towards the showers.

I turned my attention on the everybody else and the League sighed out in relief as it was just asphyxia and a couple of broken bones, which I could heal easily, for the rest of them.

I looked at the huge the surrounding damages. "What the hell happened here?" I asked the others as some of them started to relax and sit down.

Bruce was the one to answer me. "All communication systems here were cut off and we couldn't get in contact with the team. Red Tornado decided to investigate this, but he disappeared and stopped responding to the communicators, so I decided to come investigate myself and found the kids passed out on the floor with Red Tornado missing."

"Seconds later, Red Tornado contacted us and explained us the situation that his 'siblings' came and attacked under the orders of their creator, Marrow, who should be bed ridden. Red Tornado then left along with his siblings to prevent any further damage and to find Marrow." Dinah finished, fully explaining the situation.

I sighed. "I see. I guess all we can do is put our faith in Red Tornado and hope he knows what he's doing." I said as I sat down.

I looked down at the team. "So...how are we going to explain the situation to them? They probably only know that Red Tornado attacked them, right? Are we going to let them know that he's not a traitor?" I asked Bruce, who was usually in charge in making these kinds of decisions.

Bruce shook his head. "They don't need to know anything. This is League business, therefore, it will be handled by the League. If the kids knew, they'll probably do something reckless and get themselves into trouble. For now, the League agrees to keep it between ourselves." He explained to me.

I sighed and nodded. "I get it, I get it. I'll keep my mouth shut as well."

Though, to be honest, I think we both know that they'll do something reckless, whether or not we tell them the truth.

To be continued...