Chapter 7: Suspicions

I could hear the argument nearby from where I was left sitting on the ground

     I could hear the argument nearby from where I was left sitting on the ground. I could her the scream and the commotion that followed. But my body didn't move. I was stuck think of my Salvatore. He words repeating over and over again in my head. I've been dreaming of you too. That's when it hit me. Damon isn't a normal lover boy. Damon is gone with the blink of an eye and behind you before you can even say a word. Damon is charming a strange and almost not real. He's got obvious secrets, big ones. What am I about to get myself into?

     After what seemed like hour I got up off the ground and made my way back to the party area. There were cop cars and I could see my sister and brother off to the side. What the hell did I just miss?

     "(Y/n), oh my god where were you?" Elena asked running over to me.

     "I was just sitting down and I zoned out," I said. My eyes began to droop.

     "Let's get her home. We can talk about this tomorrow when everyone is a bit less drunk," Jeremy mumbled and turned to begin our walk home.

[The Next Day]

I woke up later than usual and stumbled out of bed into my sisters room. She was stressed out and unstable, like she had seen a ghost.

    "Elena?" I said making her jump, "Are you okay?"

     She put a fake smile on her face and muttered that she was fine. Whenever she's like this it's best not to pressure her because she lash out or have a breakdown. I just turned on my heel and walked out. I then went to Jeremy's room to check on him.

     "Hey Jer, I was wondering if you could tell me what happened last night?" Jer looked solemnly at me.

     "There was an animal attack. Something got Vicki, but the doctors said that she'll be okay," he said. Great. Just great. My brothers going to be more depressed and my sister is acting like a raccoon.

     "It's going to be okay, Jeremy," I said embracing him even though I was annoyed.

     I looked at the time. "I have to go out. I'll be back later." I released him and turned to leave.

     "(Y-y/n)" he stuttered.

     "Yeah?"

     "Be careful. I don't want you to get hurt too."

     "I won't get hurt. I'll always be here for you. I love you, Jer."

[4 hours later]

     I walked along the road to the site of last nights party. I had spent the last few hours running around town checking on everyone. I made sure that Jess got home okay and I ran into Stefan Salvatore. And when I say ran into I mean literally ran into.

[Flashback]

     "I'm so sorry, I didn't see you," I hastily responded.

     "It's not your fault, (Y/n). We all have those days." We started picking up the stuff we dropped.

     "So you and my sister..." I said slowly. Blush started to cover his face.

    "Yeah?"

     "Go for it. Just don't hurt her." I smiled.

[End of Flashback]

     Stefan was a nice boy and I have high hopes for him. As I arrived at where last nights party was I could see that the cops had cleared out. I made a mental note to myself to be careful for Jeremy. After a few more minutes I found the exact spot where me and Damon had sat in the woods. I looked down at my watch. The time read 6:31.

"You're late, Pumpkin," I deep delicate voice said.