Chapter Five: The Godric's Hollow Murder

Ryan awoke the next morning, exhausted to the point where all he wanted was to go back to sleep and not leave his bed for the next twelve hours, however under the constant nagging coming from Andrew he finally came up with the strength to pull himself out of his bed and start getting ready for his second day of classes. Andrew whom had once again decided to wake Teddy up after he woke Ryan, discovering for the second time that year; Teddy did not enjoy being woken up. The trio, after much complaining from Teddy were finally ready for the day and had finally started to descend the grand staircase.

"Andrew I swear, when we learn them - whenever we learn them; I am going to cast a sticking charm on your bed when you go too sleep" Teddy murmured attempting the impossible by trying to rub the exhaustion from his face. Ryan had to admit he was starting to agree with Teddy more and more, Andrew was a major bother in the morning - especially as he began to wake the boys before six.

"If you ever have the ability to wake yourself to attend the class, then be my guest" Andrew replied happily. Ryan thought that Andrew had a point, Teddy enjoyed sleeping anywhere and at any possible time that he could.

"Maybe I would be able to sleep better at night, if I could actually lie in bed and close my eyes without someone's light on until ridiculous hours in the morning Andrew" Teddy said, slightly raising his voice with each word.

"Can you just shut up the pair of you?" Ryan said angrily, the two other boys had only known each other for three days - and already he could tell that he would be breaking up small events of bickering like this more often than not.

The trio walked in silence for the remainder of the ten minute walk down to the bottom of the grand stair case, except for when Ryan's foot got caught in a trick stair causing him to fall over; the other two had roared in laughter for a few minutes, before deciding to actually help him up. When the small group of friends had arrived at the hall, they found not the usual group of chattering students but instead found the students whom were awake talking in hushed tones as they bent over a copy of the prestigious Wizarding newspaper - The Daily Prophet. The three boys squeezed in between Benjamin Blake another first year from their dormitory and asked what was going on.

"There's been a murder in Godric's Hollow, just let me finish the paper and I'll give it too you" he said in his thick Scottish accent, he quickly shuffled a few pages ahead and after giving it a quick glance he shuffled it down the table to where Ryan was sitting. Ryan grabbed the paper off the table before Teddy or Andrew could snatch it from underneath his nose and started to read it in his head.

Murder In Godric's Hollow

Early last night, members of the Magical Law Enforcement Task Force were dispatched to sort out a noise complaint in Godric's Hollow. However upon arriving at the scene they discovered that the noise complaint - which was thought to be due to a case of domestic violence, was actually the build up to a murder. This unpleasant attack has caused severe distress for Witches and Wizards especially as violent acts such as this, have been rare to occur in Godric's Hollow over the last eleven years, the Auror department have confirmed that they don't currently have any suspects . The victim of this monstrous crime was pronounced dead earlier this morning with the cause of death currently being listed as unknown. The Ministry of Magic has urged that anybody with any relevant information to please come forward.

Ryan read the article multiple times, allowing the information to slowly set in. There hadn't been many murders in the years following Voldemort's downfall and whenever there had been murders they always generated a lot of fear, Ryan wasn't sure what the murder meant but he knew that it wouldn't mean anything good for the Wizarding World if they became more often. He passed the article onto Andrew, after offering it to Teddy of whom shook his head obviously not wanting to read the article, Ryan suddenly became less interested in his breakfast of bacon and eggs and became more interested in the investigation that would obviously follow.

"May I have your attention please, as I am aware how curiosity gets the better of the majority of students at Hogwarts, I would like to make an announcement about the events that happened early last night. I would like to ensure that you are all aware that the murder is nothing to be overly afraid of, this murder was obviously an isolated incident and the Aurors and the Magical Law Enforcement Division will conduct an investigation with the utmost importance. I must restate the fact that there is nothing to panic about, another quick notice that Defence Against the Dark Arts has been cancelled for the day as Professor Newman had to leave early yesterday evening to deliver his sick wife to Saint Mungo's, he has informed me that he will be back before the end of the week" the strict Headmistress shouted, gaining the attention of the few hundred students whom were currently eating, talking in hushed tones or had their noses buried deep in the headline article.

"This is brilliant" Teddy yelled, causing some of the students and staff to gaze angry at him.

"Quiet Teddy and what is so damn brilliant about a murder investigation?" Andrew asked angrily at Teddy's lack of empathy.

"Look at your timetable, we have a free double period since Defence has been cancelled, then straight after lunch we have another free period. This is great, goodbye Andrew and Ryan, I'm going back to bed" Teddy replied excitedly before he removed himself from the Gryffindor Table and began to leave the Great Hall, of which the back of his head was shot a death glare from Andrew. Ryan had to agree with Teddy, especially as he was extremely tired but he knew that there was absolutely no way that he was going to be able to, he suspected his two free periods were going to be spent listening to Andrew complain about Teddy's lack of initiative to study.

***

As the trio left the Gryffindor common room for the second time that day already, Ryan realised that Teddy was in a much better mood than he had been that morning. That was before he remembered that Teddy had slept the through both double periods that they had enjoyed, in absence of lessons. Ryan guaranteed that Teddy's morning, and the start of his afternoon had been a lot better his own, especially as he had to be the one who had to try and talk Andrew out of reading all the textbooks he could possible get his hands on.

The three boys walked to the Great Hall, all of them avoiding conversation. Andrew had been once again been furious as soon as he saw Teddy leave the dormitory, his initial anger at him had risen the second he saw Teddy yawn and complain that he was still a little tired. As they arrived, they realised that the Great Hall was no longer the solemn hall that it had been at breakfast but was now a hall filled with rather loud students making Ryan question whether the thought of the murder had already slipped their minds.

***

The three boys had to go straight to Professor Brachet's classroom after dinner, ensuring that they arrived fifteen minutes earlier so that the strict Professor couldn't come up with any reason to hand out another detentions to the trio. The Professor ushered them into the classroom, gesturing them into seats with parchment littered across them.

"You are to write, I will not be a foolish delinquent at any chance I get; one hundred times" he called, before sitting at his desk and pulling out a copy of Transfiguration Weekly.

Ryan looked down at his parchment and began to write the phrase he and the other two boys had been instructed to write out.

A/N

Hey all, relatively short chapter this time around - this is because as I said in the author notes of the last chapter I did manage to loose a lot of my work (which has severely frustrated me). The reason I am uploading today is because I won't be uploading this coming Thursday due to my final examinations.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter and remember to Follow, Vote and Leave some Reviews :D