0.5 | THE AVENGERS

"ANASTASIYA, WHEN WE get down there you are to hide. Do you understand?" Wanda said to her sister, who's eyebrows were furrowed.

"No! I don't understand why you guys can fight and I can't," Anastasiya pouted, folding her arms across her chest.

"Because you're just a kid!" Wanda argued.

"So are you!"

"Ana, please. Hide. You can't even control your powers properly yet like we can. We need you to be safe. We don't know what we would do with ourselves if something happened to you," Pietro said softly to her, as Anastasiya sighed.

"Okay, fine. But if either of you are in trouble then I'm going to do whatever I can to help you. The Avengers are dangerous."

"Wait here, I'll be back in a second," Pietro said whilst picking Wanda off, and running down the train tracks. Anastasiya waited a minute, and before she knew it, Pietro was back for her.

"You ready?" Pietro said, smiling.

"As I'll ever be," Anastasiya replied, and then Pietro ran off, and everything Anastasiya could see was a silver blur. She felt her feet touch the ground, and she began hearing gunshots in the forest.

"Remember, don't be seen!" Pietro said to her, as he began jogging into the trees.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't die!" she called out.

Anastasiya heard Pietro chuckle. "I'll never die!" and within seconds, he was gone.

Anastasiya began slowly walking into the wilderness as she huffed. "Hide, yeah whatever."

She walked for a few minutes before she heard a strange sound, and the voices.

"Clint!" she heard a feminine voice shout, and then footsteps loudly approaching. The young girl ran behind the nearest tree she could see, and silently prayed that she wasn't in view. She peeked her head around to see a man with a bow and arrow lying on the floor, and a red headed woman crouched over him.

The red head raised her hand to her ear and said again, "Clint's hit!" Anastasiya watched as she began to wrap a piece of material around the mans wound. A second later, Anastasiya heard a roar, and was shocked to see a massive green monster jump into the sky, and she let out a yelp before she could stop herself. The woman looked up and caught her eye, but before she could say anything and before Anastasiya could help herself she let out a blaze of fire. The two people looked alarmed, and without looking back, Anastasiya ran as fast as she could, but not before she heard the words, "a second enhanced on the field."

The girl ran for a few minutes, before she came across two more people she didn't recognise. One of them had a shield, the other one had a large hammer. She stopped and crouched down, but close enough so she could hear what they were saying.

"The enhanced?" The one with the hammer said.

"He's a blur. All the new players we've faced, I've never seen this. In fact, I still haven't." the other one said.

"What about the second one? The one Natasha mentioned?"

"A girl. Around 14, 15 maybe. Said something to do with fire."

"You mean me?" Anastasiya shouted, revealing her hiding place as she moved her hands in the same motion she had seen Wanda.

Sparks shot out of her hand like a snake, blindingly bright.

The man with the shield looked alarmed, but he spoke softly, "I'm not going to hurt you. You can trust us."

"You can't trust anyone these days," Anastasiya spat, her hands swirling orange fire, her eyes turning amber.

"I know how you feel. I used to feel the same, but we can help you. We can help you control your powers, join the right side," he said cautiously, his right hand extending to hers.

"Tony Stark killed my parents," she said, so deadly that she could be spitting venom.

"No, he didn't. You wouldn't understand. If you come with us, we can help you. Help you to understand."

"No... no..." Anastasiya cried, but she was starting to weaken. Using her powers weakened her. She fell to her knees, her vision being intruded by blank spots. She felt herself being lifted by strong arms as a voice whispered in her ear, "I got you."