the families meet...

As i was straightening the folds in the sari, my brother came running," salllaaaaa they are here!! But he aint as good looking as me... but mehh ur kinda lucky!"

I slapped him back," po da! (Go away) I'm already tensed! But are u serious is he good lookin-" I was interrupted by the electricity going off.. "amazing isnt this"  I hit my head and reached my hand for a handfan...
Amma came running... " sala.. are you ready?  Oh no. . Wgy are you sweating? Sala this is a very nice family.. Ramu uncle told u no? Before leaving dindukkal you were okayy with this.."
"Ammaa please!  Im sweating, because the generator doesn't work here.. so no fan.. now am I supposed to come now?  I dont get all this.."
"Yes yes... come..." she handed over the tray with coffee, " go, nicely smile... if they ask say you are the one who made the coffee and all.. be good"
"Ayyo maa.. I know I know"
So i walking to thebmain room with the tray.. and my heart was pounding.. crap I didn't know such a day would come. . Am u really gona get married like soon?

" vaa sala! (come sala)" my dad said as I stepped in..

I smiled and gave the coffees.. with my head down.. 'I think its something every girl does at this stage.. even in those movies. . They wont even look at the guy.. but nah I aint like that..' I thought to myself and I slowly lifted my head... he was wearing blue jeans... and a checked shirt.. I didn't have the guts to see is face though.. I turned my head and there was his father and mother... they were very traditional.. wearing a silk saree and all! I was scared. . They were  all staring at me.. like dude move away! Haha..  right next to me, was shanthi.. his sister... she waa wearing a pink salwar kameez.. she was judging me from too to bottom. . Sheesh! I felt like running away!

They kept grinding me with questions.. damn.. suddenly the guy said, "I want to talk to her, thaniy(alone)".. so we both stood up and walked to the dining hall.. I was so scared... I didn't know what to say ..

so he pulled 2 chairs out, and we both sat.. "so sala tell me, how are you... you know I dont like these formalities" he said as he rested his right leg on his left " are you interested in this marriage?"

I did nothing but stare.. he had black eyes.. curlyiah hair and he was kind of dark skinned.. but not bad I guess.. he wasnt fat at all.. mmm..

"Hello sala! u dont like me eh?"

" ile ile (no no) sorry.. yah I don't have anything against this"

" okay so I'll add you on Facebook and we'll take it up from there"

I smiled in return, just as shanthi approached us, "rohit vaa! "

" rohit?"I immediately asked

"Oh she calls me rohit" he replied

And we walked back to the hall.

My dad looked at me, and I smiled...  I got the feeling we are going to get married.. and I was right...

Appa stood up and said, "we shall proceed"

His dad got up  and shook his hand..

I turned around, damnnnnm.. im gona get married! ! Shitr I have to  call malavi rifht away!