Chapter 14

It was dark but the cave was bright, gems illuminated in the tiny pounds, with ripples and stones. Lan Jingyi was fascinated by the light they gave, each a different color and a different emotion.

"Do you know what it's called? " Madam picked up a tiny stone and placed it on Lan Jingyi's hand.
"It's called a Druzy. They need another stone to grow on."
Madam lift an other stone close to the one in Lan Jingyi's hand and they both radiated.
Perhaps it was fireflies, perhaps it was the pound or perhaps it was the light of all the gem stones. But it glowed so bright that Lan jingyi was mesmerized.

"They shine even brighter when together, just like you and your brother."
 The least She could do was make them friends again.

"You two need each other, just like Druzy."

That was how they got their name. Slowly but surely It spread throughout the cultivation sects.

The Twin Druzy of Twin Jades.

. . .

"You're cultivating together with Jingyi? " Lan Shizui confirmed if he misheard.

"I am what???? What are you talking about Shizui? You're scaring me."
Ouyang Zizhen was thrown off by the sudden proposal. 

"That's what Jingyi said." Lan Shizui informed the wonder struck Zizhen. Chill ran down his spine. How did such progress happen? Was he asleep when they were chanting vows?

"...All the more reason to not believe it. You know I have heart for Maiden A-Qing." Ouyang Zizhen recovered from the heart attack and elaborated calmly. 

"Maiden A-Qing? But she-"

"I know..." Zizhen replied with a small smile. 

"You can go back, I will be staying with Jingyi tonight." Ouyang Zizhen assured. Lan Shizui nodded and before long, he returned back to his sect. 

When the two were gone, Ouyang Zizhen made his way towards the younger druzy. He was lying on the grass, looking up the sky. He thought the mountain made the stars appear closer.

"Why were you crying?" 

Ouyang Zizhen asked, he lied down next to the younger druzy and the two witnessed the starts.

"I don't know... I felt alone."

Lan Jingyi stated calmly, contrary to how he had been behaving all day. But Ouyang Zizhen was perceptive, he figured out the cause.

"Jingyi, I know your heart is in the right place. You're a bit of a trouble but you're worth every beat."
The wind carried his words softly like feather. Little fireflies lit their faces and both stared at each other. Deep into the eyes. All the heavy feelings Lan Jingyi felt became light. As if ,just by drinking those eyes his worries were drifting away. He couldn't break free of the gentle yet profound gaze.

"I will stay with you until we figure out a way together." A smile was bestowed on him (LJY)
He still couldn't stop staring at the man resting beside him. They made a vow under the brilliance of stars.

. . .  

Jin ling reached at the designated place. When he saw their flushed faces, he cursed that he missed something major.

"Jin Ling, you made it. Sect leader Jiang let you go?" Lan Shizui spoke first.

"What? do you think my Uncle wouldn't let me come?"
Young mistress had the guts.