Prologue

Everyone claims that Kim Seungmin was incredibly lucky to have Hwang Hyunjin as his boyfriend.

They claimed that they were made for each other, that they were inseparable, and that they were meant to be together.

Hwang Hyunjin was wealthy, whereas Seungmin was not, and this was one of the things that people admired him for being so lucky to have a catch as wealthy as Hwang Hyunjin.

Even though Hyunjin was wealthy, he never made Seungmin feel inferior to him; instead, he always made Seungmin feel special, like a prince.

He assumed Hyunjin loved him.

But he thought wrong.

"I'm ending our relationship."

Those were Hyunjin's exact words the night after Seungmin had given his entire life to the latter. Yes, there was an incident between them, and Seungmin has no regrets.

But now he's genuinely regretting what happened.

"Are you serious?" Seungmin scoffed, his smile fading as Hyunjin's cold face remained unhinged.

"Did I stutter? I didn't, did I?" Hyunjin responded.

"I'm serious about this, Hwang Hyunjin! Stop fooling around with me!" Seungmin screamed, slamming his fist into Hyunjin's chest. "You're telling me this? Right after what happened last night?" His rage was visible in his eyes as he trailed off.

"I'm sorry for doing that with you; it wasn't supposed to happen," Hyunjin retorted. "I should be doing that with someone I care about...with a girl, not a guy," he says.

It was as if Seungmin's entire world had crumbled. His heart clenched in pain as Hyunjin's words slammed into him like a truck. As silent tears rolled down his cheeks, he looked up at the taller who was just watching him, as if he hadn't said something that might as well just kill Seungmin.

"Hwang Hyunjin, can you fucking hear yourself right now? So you didn't really fucking love me all this time?  Fuck you for wanting a girl and still dating a guy,"  Seungmin exclaimed through gritted teeth, his fists clenched as he felt himself trembling.

"You're a scumbag, a fucking scumbag!" He yelled as he threw punches at the taller who was just standing there watching. It wasn't until Seungmin punched him in the right eye that he grabbed his hand and stopped him from hitting him.

"Every story has two sides, but you're a jerk on both sides!" Seungmin screamed angrily as he struggled to free himself from Hyunjin's grip. He yelled, "Let go of me!"

Hyunjin pushed Seungmin hard enough that the latter took a few steps away from him. He fixed his gaze on him, his face stern and cold, and spoke in a cold tone.

"I'm breaking up with you because I didn't truly love you. Someone as wealthy as myself couldn't possibly be with someone as poor as you,"  Seungmin approached him and slapped him on both cheeks.

Even though Hyunjin isn't as wealthy as him, Seungmin believes he loves him.

But, once again, he thought wrong.

"I fucking hate you, Hwang Hyunjin," 

Those were Seungmin's final words to him before slapping him for the last time that night and leaving him, tears streaming down his cheeks as he walked to his small apartment.

Seungmin had thought that everything was finally going great for him, with regular work at this coffee shop and friends comforting and supporting him, after almost three weeks of crying and moving on, living alone with himself and continuing life.

Not until he noticed how frequently he was vomiting almost every morning; at first, he assumed he had eaten rotten fruit during dinner, but it concerned him when it continued; also, he was having strange cravings, which even his friends commented on.

Seungmin went to buy what he needed to confirm his conclusion after getting a strong hint of what was likely happening to him.

He never imagined that his life could be any more miserable than it already was once the procedure was completed. It was as if the world stopped spinning around him, and all he could think about was the kit in his hand.

There are two lines.

Positive.

Even before he did that thing with Hyunjin, the idea of having a child had never occurred to him. He assumed the latter had used some sort of protection or something as releasing outside him...but yet again, he thought wrong.

And now he's expecting a child, with Hyunjin as the father.

DADDY HYUNJIN

by: seungjined 2019

Revised.

January 14, 2022