❶❺

❶❺

The girls quickly began to close up the store once the clock struck 10:30. Athena dodged Paolo as she mopped around his feet, Marisol's hands beginning to cramp from flipping through the bills so fast.

Paolo stepped back, trying not to get trampled over by the teenage girl, "What's the rush?"

Athena dipped the mop into the bucket of water before roughly slapping it down, swiping back and forth, "Party tonight."

"La fiesta en la casa de Oscar?" Paolo questioned, both girls nodding, "No mames, you two do not need to be at a party like that."

"Yes, the fuck we do," Athena gave the floor one last sweep before going out back to dump the dirty water.

Paolo joined Marisol as she stuffed the earning for today in a white envelope. "Hey," Paolo whispered, as the girl dated the envelope before handing it over to him, "be careful tonight, okay?"

Marisol chuckled, grabbing her jacket from where it was hung. She quickly put it on, flipping her hair over her shoulders, "I thought Oscar era su amigo."

Paolo shook his head, "He is, he is but I never forget él sigue siendo un Santo. You girls shouldn't either."

By the time Marisol and Athena had gotten out of work, and made it back home to change, the party was far from over. The two had arrived to the house where not one guest was in sight.

Athena stepped over the empty red cups as they entered the backyard, "What the hell happened?"

They made their way over to Ruby and Mario. Ruby was holding a bag of frozen peas onto Mario's face as they argued. They stopped when they noticed the girls headed towards them.

Ruby threw the bag of peas onto Mario's lap, fixing his hair.

"Well, hello ladies," he raised his eyebrows, flirtatiously.

Athena rolled her eyes, gesturing to the lingering people, "What happened to the party?"

Mario spoke up, flipping over the bag before placing it on his jaw, "Ruby broke the truce, so I'm guessing everyone's over on Prophet's turf right now."

Marisol chuckled, looking down at the older boy, "What's up with you?"

"Don't want to talk about it," Mario shook his head, rising from his seat and walking away from the group.

Ruby looked over at Marisol, nodding towards the house, "Oscar was looking for you earlier, he might be inside."

"He was?" Marisol questioned, not believing it. Back at the store, she expected more when he had shown up. They did share a kiss a couple of days ago, but she hadn't heard from him before then. To be honest, she was kind of disappointed in the lack of changed behavior.

Ruby nodded, stepping closer to Athena, "I'll let you handle that while me and my queen here discuss some things." Athena gave her cousin a worried look, her eyes begging for her to not be left alone. Marisol giggled, waving the two goodbye before heading towards the house.

She opened the sliding door that led to the backyard, walking inside to find a couple of Santos hanging out in the kitchen. Numerous girls occupied them, sprawled over their laps. Marisol kept her head down as she passed, making her way through the living room and down the hall. She kept an eye out for Oscar, but couldn't find him anywhere.

She thought about what she was even going to say to him once she saw him. He did invite her to come tonight, there must've been a reason why. Marisol shook her head, "Stop overthinking," she told herself, "don't be stupid, he probably invited you just to invite you. Nothing special."

Marisol slowly opened the doors, being careful of walking into something she didn't want to.

She reached the second to last room, knocking on the door before entering the room.

Inside, were five members of the gang, surrounding a pile of money that had been laying on the bed. Marisol stared at the enormous amount of cash before looking up at the men, who were angrily staring at her. She began to stumble over her words, letting go of the door knob, "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

Someone had grabbed her arm, roughly, pulling her away from the door before it was slammed shut.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Oscar whispered, bringing her away from the room.

"I was just-" Marisol tried to explain as he quickly brought her into his bedroom, closing the door behind him.

He let go of her arm, "You were what?"

Marisol gestured to what she had just saw, "Was that t-the Freeridge Savings money?" Oscar didn't reply, just continued to eye her, telling her what she wanted to know.

"It was you guys?!" Marisol raised her voice, her eyes widening as she ran a hand through her hair. She paced around the room, "Are you kidding me, Oscar?"

Oscar stepped forward as she continued to curse at him, putting a hand over the girl's mouth, "Lower your fucking voice."

When she stopped, Oscar put his hand down.

He sighed, running a hand over his face, "Look, you weren't supposed to see that."

"Yeah, no shit!"

"Shh!" Oscar quickly shushed her, scared that the men in the next room would hear her.

Marisol crossed her arms over her chest, her anger not dialing down, "I don't know if you're stupid or just plain fucking dumb, like do you want to go back to jail?"

"Nobody knows it was us!" Oscar spat back, his arms out, "Chill the fuck out."

"Oh, trust me. Everyone in Freeridge knows you guys had something to do with it," Marisol rolled her eyes, walking away from Oscar.

He shrugged, "Nobody's gonna snitch."

The girl scoffed, turning back to him, "God, you're so disappointing."

Oscar sat down on the bed, his elbows on his knees as he looked up at Marisol, "If I'm so disappointing, why are you even here? Looking through rooms and shit for me?" Marisol opened her mouth to speak but Oscar interrupted her with a fit of sarcastic laughter. He let out a chuckle, raising his eyebrow, "We kissed once, you thought you were actually coming here for something more than just ending up here when the party was over? Get over yourself."

Marisol's vision turned red as those words hit her ears, her fists beginning to ache with how hard she had them rolling up into her palms. The girl's chest heaved up and down heavily, her lungs burning hot inside as she resisted the urge to punch Oscar in his smug face.

Marisol didn't give him a response before storming out of the room, slamming the door so hard, the hinges shook.

When she finally got to the backyard, the girl pulled Athena's arm away from the Santo she was chatting up with, pulling her along, "We're fucking leaving."