||70||

"Just me or does this cave seem to just keep going on... And on... And on?" Ren asked as me, him and Kakashi stopped to try and gather our bearings a bit better.

"It is never ending," Kakashi agreed. I nudged him and Ren.

"Something with a strong nose that can track down Himari would be helpful," I hinted. They both shared a look before rolling their eyes and biting on their thumbs.

"Summoning jutsu!" both of them announced, a poof of smoke came and Pakkun and Blue appeared.

"Whassup, pinkie top," Blue greeted Ren.

"Why do you insist on calling me that?" Ren cringed.

"Hello, Kakashi, Shikarei and Ren, do you actually need me this time?" Pakkun spoke up.

"Sorry about last time," I apologised to him, "do you both think you can navigate the tunnels?"

"Eh, no biggie," Blue purred.

"I don't have to work with that pink thing do I?" Pakkun pointed to Blue. Blue just let out a little hiss before walking, tail wagging sassily behind him.

"Yes," Kakashi nodded, "Yes you do."

°🥢°

"Himari!" I called, my voice just returned to me, "ah-! This is frustrating."

"Calm down," Kakashi placed a hand on my shoulder, "getting angry about it won't help anyone."

"I know," I nodded, a sigh escaping my lips as paw steps filled the void and Blue and Pakkun reappeared.

"We found her," Pakkun announced.

"And she ain't alone," Blue added on. I looked to Kakashi and Ren, we all had the same face of serious determination on our faces.

"Lead the way," Ren gestured and the animals started running, we followed close behind them. Through tunnel after tunnel, around bend after bend and down a set of oddly placed stone stairs, we reached our destination. It was a large open space with three cages. One, of which, had Himari sat down in. Her eyes were puffy. Someone made my baby cry and I'm going to make them pay for tha--

"Glad you could finally join us, Shikarei," a female voice echoed around us, "how about I make your friends comfortable?"

A clicking noise filled the room before Ren and Blue were snatched up in one cage and Pakkun and Kakashi in another.

"Ren, Kakashi!" I exclaimed, "you good up there?"

"Perfectly fine," Ren called back down to me. I nodded and stepped into the room, careful to check if there were any traps.

"Your daughter is quite adorable," the female voice came again, "she reminds me of you all those years ago."

"Who are you?" I asked, "come out and face me!"

"As you wish," a small child walked out of the shadows. She had long blue hair and dark emotionless eyes. Why is that familiar?

"Who are you, child?" I asked.

"You don't remember me?" she asked, her eyes wide with fake shock before an ear-splitting smile crawled onto her face.

"I don't."

"It's me: Marie Midst," the young girl told me, I stared at her with wide eyes.

No freaking way...

"Wait that name--?" Ren cut himself off and leaned forward, "no freaking way! Shikarei you said you'd killed her!"

"OK, I didn't," I confessed.

"I've been stuck reliving my life," she glared at me, "because of you. Lord Orochimaru raised me again! We've done a lot of research on that god forsaken eye of yours. The one that's closed off to the world. Can you control it yet?"

"I can control it perfectly fine, thank you," I frowned.

"Shikarei, what're you talking about?" Kakashi asked.

"Oh, you mean: you don't know?" Marie laughed, "let me explain, years ago little Shikarei and her two companions were sent to assassinate the four Midst siblings, however, they also had a mission. That mission was to capture Shikarei Nara, Master of the Shadows and bring her back to the base."

I bit my lip.

"Quie--" I tried to shout before vines shot from out of nowhere and grabbed a hold of me, covering my mouth and keeping me put.

"The Midst siblings obviously succeed and bring her back to base where she's put on an operating table and the transplant for her eyes begin. The Midst siblings boss was an old man, mad to the core but generous enough to gift Shikarei with a new set of eyes. These eyes were cursed, called the eyes of time. The welder is able to turn time forward and back on whatever they want and they're able to create windows of time where they can see the future of the past of something," she continued, "you see, Shikarei Nara was already blind in one eye, so they of course started with that eye, however, feeling returned to her and she escaped. Capturing both Lord Orochimaru who was doing the transplant and the Midst siblings' boss in her disgusting shadow paralysis jutsu."

I glared at her.

"The Midst siblings were called to capture her and return her, so they do but one by one she stops them. Reducing the three boys to dust and turning the girl into a three-month-old baby again," her voice turned to a shout, "there was no way to reverse what the eye had caused so the group of four turned into one. I lost my only family because of you! Now you're going to lose your family too!"

I swapped eyes, the world adopted that strange blue tint, and I turned the vines into ash before kneeling down and catching Marie in my shadow possession jutsu.

"It's shadow possession jutsu," I told her, "Get your jutsu right."

She let out a frustrated shout as I stood up just to watch my shadow come running back to me.

"What the--?" I started before avoiding an angry looking plant coming flying at me, "you want a fight? You've got a fight."