Chapter Four

"When are you going to tell him?" The guard asked as he leaned against the quartz desk.

"Tell him what?" The king responded, "Tell him that he was in a coma for two years before we came to retrieve him or that his sister is alive thanks to him and we wiped her memory to keep her from offing herself at the ripe age of six?" Sarcasm dripped from his voice. Ashton wanted nothing more than to explain everything, but it wasn't safe. Not yet anyway. The guard sighed and leaned back in his chair.

"You know that's not what I meant Ashton.... did you at least set her with a good home?" The male's voice was soft, a sadness filling the void between them. The king nodded gently. He had sent his best angels to guard the small girl. She had gotten away with her life and he was going to make damn sure she kept it.

"Ya know... I talked to Fate.... he said she's going to become an astronaut...." the smallest smile spread across his lips. He didn't know exactly why he had personally helped Tyler cross the barrier. Usually he let's the reapers do their job, but he had a feeling about this one. He had an important task to complete one day.

Tyler had been in a coma for nearly two years after the accident. His parents had passed on impact, however his sister had survived with a small concussion and a fractured leg. The king had sent a few guardians to check on the siblings frequently. Tyler had never woken up and they knew it was time. The young girl's doctor and nurses were replaced with angels and she was personally taken to a better facility. Ashton knew the new angel could never know what happened to his sister. It was too dangerous. Not only does she now have no clue who he is, but he would risk outing his identity.

The king twirled in his chair and stared blankly at the dimly lit ceiling. "Hey Matt. Any news from Alphie?" The guard shook his head.

"Nope Sam is still MIA. Pretty sure he hasn't resurrected yet. Could take another week or two." A frustrated groan escaped the male's lips.

"I figured he'd be back by now. Hopefully Alphie is ready to give him a refresher course." He sighed and pulled out a large stack of paperwork. Quickly flipping through the pristine white sheets, the fresh ink filled the room with an industrial scent. These files contained each and every person to gave come through Heaven. Fate himself creates each paper by hand with a special ink and quill, signing off their soul to the realm above. Tyler's file was just recently added to the stack.

"I'm going to attempt to study all of this to get an idea of what we're up against. I'm thinking we send him through guardian training. He's got the heart." The king exclaimed, not once looking up from the paper.

"I'll send Devil your regards." Matt said with a sing-song voice and smirked, causing a very unsettling glare from Ashton.

"Bitch." He muttered and spun his chair to face the window behind him. The guard chuckled and walked out, headed to bed himself after a quick pack around the castle.