Chapter 5 - The Balcony

DEDICATED TO - JokesOnLory (my first fan!! Thanks girl, you're amazing!!!!)

DAN'S P.O.V.

I woke up on our balcony. Phil was sleeping peacefully next to me, his head in the curve of my neck. His shampoo wafted up towards my nostrils and smiled. Raspberries. I looked down on to Phil's silent form, his chest that would slowly rise and fall in a constant pattern. I wanted to spend the entire day like this. Sitting on a cold, metal chair that over looked the most picturesque part of London. I wanted to spend the entire day there, with Phil. We would talk and chat and cuddle and kiss. We would act as though we had been going out for years, and hadn't started yesterday.

"Hi there." I looked down and saw a groggy looking Phil looking back up at me. I smiled, how could I not.

"Hello sleepy head. How was your sleep?"

"Very peaceful. Your shoulder is very comfortable." Phil sat up and started to pat my shoulder, like it was some kind of cat. I laughed at his behaviour, he was still the Phil that he was yesterday. I smiled at yesterday, going to a park; finding out our feelings for each other. It seemed as though it was years ago, not hours. That's when it hit me.

"Phil, I need to do something. I'm going inside, do you want anything?" Phil gave me his best puppy dog eyes,

"Can't you stay here and be with me." I laughed silently and ruffled his black, straightened hair.

"I wish I could, but if I don't then we don't eat."

"Hey, I get payed too!" Phil was getting slightly annoyed, but he wouldn't think anything of it. I was only playing. I stood there and looked Phil in the eyes,

"Who has the most subscribers?"

"You." Phil replied sheepishly

"That's right. And, who has fans that can crash websites?"

"You do." Phil was starting to shrink back into his seat. I smiled and ruffled his hair again. He scowled and started to smooth it back. I walked over and pecked him on the cheek. 

"Can I go now?"

"If you must. I'll be out here."

PHIL'S P.O.V.

"If you must. I'll be out here." Dan pecked my cheek again and walked out, leaving me out here in the cold. I didn't know how may things we could see from here. Getting up, I strolled over to the railings. I looked down, at the pavement and the business people that were frantically walking back and forth. They were all wearing black and most of them were talking on their phones, each person louder than the last. The men had briefcases and women were pulling their hair into buns or taking down notes. 

I looked forward at the buildings. I was so happy of my job. I mean it, I had a job where I could be myself and make people happy. The people on the ground had nine to five jobs that would suck the joy and life force out of a person until they retired or got fired. I shuddered at the thought that Dan wanted to be one of these people once. The idea of Dan walking down there in a suit and tie with a blue tooth thingy in his ear didn't seem right. Dan was colourful, fun, full of ideas that nobody could think of in a million years. Lawyer Dan didn't fit the mould. 

I sighed. Thinking of Dan being different was making me depressed. I walked in, only to get bombarded by Dan.

"Get changed, we're going out." His face was bright and shiny. I then noticed that he was in a towel, so he had just come out of the shower. That made sense.

"Why? Where are we going?" I asked as Dan pulled me towards my room. He had a huge smile plastered on his face. 

"I realized earlier that we haven't done what every other relationship has." I got very scared, very fast. I made Dan stop and asked,

"What are you gong on about?" Dan was still smiling, maybe even more than before.

"We haven't been on our first date! Get dressed, I'm taking you out."

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hope that this is satisfactory for your reading pleasure.

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!!