One shot for _AskingWithSirens_

Hey guys, this is a story for a writing contest my friend made me do. Seriously, she thinks I can write. Not the case. I cannot write at all. But, I hope you lovely little things enjoy, because I enjoyed typing it.

Ta-ta! Forever yours ~ Sophie

--

Ally

If you had the chance to go back and change your fate, would you?

I couldn't do that, as I was stood, grasping the edge of a building rail. The rail in front of me.

I couldn't go back now. Not after every thing. Tears shot down my red cheeks, my knuckles white while I gripped the iron wrought bars. Not after everything was said, had been done. I couldn't face it. 

I gulped, sliding down the edge of the railing, feeling my soft tears roll down my cheeks silently, but faster. I turned on the soles of my converse shoes, and dropped to the cold tile floor of the large balcony, sighing. My head hurt from all the crying. My chest hurt from the heaving so I couldn't breathe properly anymore. I don't know how long I was sat there, gripping the edge of the railing, when I gave up.

Before I'd sat on the floor of the balcony, I'd watched my tears fall from the edge, sliding down my cheek before darting away from me. It was as if I was a flame the water wanted to drip away from, so it wouldn't get burnt. I guess I burnt everyone.

My hand traveled up towards my thin t-shirt, where an outline of a small circular ring poked through it's dark material. I gasped, feeling the tears soak my shirt. My head was bent, and with shaking hands, I pulled the dark ring from it's safe cocoon.

It would've been a beautiful engagement ring, that any girl would want. The diamond was a clear crystal, a spot of purple at it's core. The metal circle it was attatched to was an intricate mess of a snake, coiling around the finger it was placed upon. Inscripted on it's inside, was a few words, of a tale my mother had told me when I was younger. I never even knew it existed.

Tears of the heart.

A stolen kiss.

A pure heart's blood.

When the clock of twelve strikes,

Thou shall see heavenly lights.

For One night.

I gripped letting my tears soak into my cut wrist. I ignored the sting of the salt in the small droplets, my hand's only gripping tighter around the small ring. He'd given it to me, Kai had. His dark black hair, as dark as the night I'd sat under, was attached to the back of my eyelids, as well as his dark black eyes.

The ringtone of my flip-up samsung blasted me away from the fantasy, of Kai. I stared at the screen with a scowl, tears still in my eyes. Diamonds aren't forever's loud screamo music started blasting out of the tiny phone speaker's. I shrunk into myself, pulling my knees up. Soon, the beep indicating that I had a voicemail.

My heart stopped.

"Please, talk to me..." he said, his soft voice floating through the speakers. "I need you. Please, whatever you heard me say, I was just trying to please my mum. She says she wants the best for me, but please, Ally...I swear, I love you more than any girl an-"

I grasped the phone inbetween my fingers. "You don't love me, Kai. No matter what you say, you'll never feel what I feel. Please...don't call this number again." before I took back my words, i shut the phone, hearing the continuous beep, before I pressed the dark red button again.

My wrist stung and protested, when I pulled myself up. I leant over the railing, coughing a bit. The height from the building made me stumble away, but close enough so i could look out through my dirty blonde hair.

My breath caught in my throat. Through the twists and turns of the elaborate buildings, the peak of the sun could be seen. I hadn't realised I'd been sat here the whole night before his call, heaving and screaming out my frustration. The white wisps of the mist twirled around me and the tall buildings of New york city. Light pink, confident purple and fiery orange sprinted across the sky, lighting it up. My mouth opened slightly, in awe at the gorgeousness of this one morning of New York city. It was always to busy to even notice.

But I couldn't enjoy it, when Diamonds aren't forever started blasting through my speakers again. I cried out against it, grabbing the small black device off of the cold tile. My shadow danced behind me, following me as the device was held in the hand of the black shadow.

I threw the phone with a grunt, screaming. i probably woke up some people, but I didn;t care. My heart was cracked, broken, hurt and just plain sad. I was angry too. I hurled the phone away from my body, watcvhing it spiral away, it disappeared onto the cracked and twisted pavement beneath me, although I was too high to see it crack or even hear it.

I grasped the ring in my hand, running my thumb over the metal, feeling the intricate designs press against my thumb once again. I was just done.

I was tired.

I was angry.

I was hurt.

I was just plain tired of Kai.

I ripped it off my neck, screaming out my tears. I saw a few lights turn on in my peripheral vision, although I didn't take notice. I looked out, at the beautiful morning again, clutching the ring. It's soft, silver chain fell around my fingers, the clasp now broken. I turned my back on the iron rail, closing my eyes.

I gripped the ring in my hand so tight, I could already feel the imprint of it in my palm. I closed my eyes, feeling a tear hit my hand. My wrist was still bleeding, it had bled so much, that when I'd touched it, the sticky liquid spilled onto my shaking fingertips.

With one last push, I fell over the railings, feeling the soft wind whip my hair. My cheeks were red and hot, my eyelashes damp, my wrist bleeding. As I fell, I raised the ring to my lips and pressed the softest kiss I could ever kiss to it, watching the clear crystal for seconds.

As the ground rushed at me, I smiled. I'd jumped. Away from it all, everything.

I'd jumped.