Brody Atkinson

He steps in to the quiet diner and I can feel the change in the atmosphere. Bright morning sunlight shines through the windows and glints off the worn metal of the gun on his hip.

I have to admit that Brody Atkinson is quite an impressive sight. His green eyes are sharp with lines at their corners, created by years of looking into the sun and seeing everything around him. Just the way he carries himself oozes deadliness and power. He looks hard, unyielding and, well, quite scary, with that scar cutting across his tense cheek.

I wave when his eyes come my way but his face remains unchanged as he makes his way through the crowd toward my table. I chose a table in the back corner and I stand as he makes his way to me.

Brody tips his hat in acknowledgment and then sits down, though I notice he takes the seat in the corner so his eyes can see everything that happens inside the quiet diner and anyone who steps in the door. And I also notice that he doesn’t help me take my seat or wait until I’m sitting to take his own. It’s good to see that Brody Atkinson is still Brody Atkinson.

After getting the greetings out of the way, I know that it’s time to start this interview so I tear my eyes away from his broad chest and smile.

Me:

“Thank you for agreeing to do this interview, Brody. I know you’re a busy man.”

Brody:

“Not today. The cowgirl let me know I have all the time in the world for you and for this interview.”

Me:

*with a smile and a knowing nod* “So I have Elizabeth to thank for you being here?”

Brody:

*A tiny smile pulls at the corner of his lips*

Me:

“Well lets get this thing started then shall we? Since we’ve already been speaking about Elizabeth, I’ll start this interview with a question from @JenDLC . She has two questions but the first is, what your secret is to your and Elizabeth’s marriage being so strong after all this time together?”

Brody:

*shrugs and leans back in his chair* “She’s the boss. That’s the secret. I say ‘yes ma’am’ and ‘no ma’am’ and we both stay happy.

Me:

*shaking my head* “Really? That’s all there is to it?

Brody:

*nods* “She knows the things I’ve done, the things I’m capable of, and she loves me anyway. For that alone I’d do anything for that cowgirl.”

Me:

*misty eyed* “You really are just a big softie aren’t you?”

Brody

: *brow raises ever so slightly*

Me:

*laughing lightly* “So has the cooking improved?

Brody:

*chuckling* “Nope”

Me:

*Blushing as I find my eyes looking him up and down* “You certainly don’t seem to be suffering.”

Brody

*Clearing his throat and looking humorously awkward* “I was in the war. I can eat anything”

Me:

“Okay, and @JenDLC had one more question for you. She wants to know what your advice would be for a parent with a daughter who is approaching dating age and starting to notice boys?”