•• ━━ ••●•• ━━ ••

CHAPTER 4: CHOICES

CHAPTER 4: CHOICES

•• ━━ ••●•• ━━ ••
┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
J A X O N
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

𝟷𝟸:𝟹𝟶 𝙰𝙼 𝙸𝙽 𝙰 𝚂𝙿𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚂 𝙲𝙰𝚁:

"To my house" I remembered those words slipping past my lips. My eyes immediately widen afterward in shock.

What the f**k?!

My house? why did I say that? I don't even know her! What the actual hell is wrong with me?

"Y-your house?" she stammered, asking and I lowly cleared my throat, eyes still focused on the road as I could feel her hard stares on my face.

"...Yes, It's...not safe for you. They have seen you and will either think you're working for me or you're great to use as a hit to catch me. So, for your safety, stay with me" I explained which was really an excuse for saying what I said. I mentally cursed myself afterward, repeatedly asking myself Why did I say 'my house?'

"But...I don't know you!" Her voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "I've never met you before and I am not involved in any business that you have with those people. Please leave me out of this and take me home. I don't want to die" she continued right after I explained everything to her. I send a little glare her way after sighing.

Does she think this is a joke? That she can just go home and everything will be fine?

Those people are gonna search for her until they find her and when they do, she's not gonna survive.

"Do you think this is a joke?" I asked in a tone that said I was getting a little annoyed at her.

She immediately looked over to me again, folding her arms and I knew she was starting to get annoyed too. "No, but I just don't want to die. I have a lot of goals I want to accomplish in life. I really have a lot more stuff to do before I die, so I think it's best if you take me home and I'll act as if nothing happened. I won't say a word, I promise" she answered my question then started ranting about why she couldn't die now. I rolled my eyes.

"I get it but you're not gonna live to do whatever it is that you want to do before you die if I'm not here. I'm literally the only one that can protect you at this point. So don't be stubborn and just accept it"

"Me being stubborn?! All I said was that I want to be home, where I know it's safe and no one will come after me because apparently, ever since I've met you, my life has been at stake. Thanks for saving me and all but I just feel like I'll be safer away from you and those people that are trying to kill you...and me" she went off, causing me to pull over.