Chapter IV

Aspen woke up to someone tracing his fingers on her cheek. It felt ticklish and it annoyed her, but she couldn't open her eyes. She was too exhausted, she felt really weak. Like every inch of her body was on fire and every muscle felt sore from a fight. At noon lamang sa loob ng mahabang panahon siya nakadama ng ganoon.

"Hey, wake up!" anang baritonong tinig. "Gumising ka!"

She moaned in response and continued sleeping. Hindi niya alam kung anong nangyayari sa kanya, pilitin man niya ang sarili na imulat ang mata ay tila pinaglalabanan iyon ng sarili niyang katawan. Ang alam lang ni Aspen ay nais niyang matulog at magpahinga. Her muscles are killing her, tila ba siya nagbuhat ng isang buong building sa sakit ng katawan niya.

But the brute was determined on waking her up. Sumunod na ginawa nito ay niyugyog siya. Utterly annoyed, she had no other choice but to open her eyes and push herself up from the bed. Kinusot niya ang mata at tinitigan ang talipandas na gumigising sa kanya. Who's this guy?

She felt disoriented. Iginala niya ang mata sa paligid. Nasa loob siya ng isang di pamilyar na kwarto. It was kind of dark due to the heavy drapes on the windows. The sun is still shining outside, that might be the reason she felt kind of sick.

Muli niyang binalingan ang lalaki na kanina pa nakatunghay sa kanya. She was at first taken aback by his green eyes, they are too bright, she had to rub her eyes to make sure she's seeing things clearly. "What happened?" she asked him sleepily. Vampires don't need much sleep, specially at times when they are well fed. Hindi rin sila basta napapagod kaya naman bago para sa kanya ang nangyayaring ito.

"I saw you lying on the floor. What happened to you?"

She was lying on the floor? What?

Memories of what happened the night before came to her in flashes. The bar. His enchanting green eyes. The hot sex. Drinking a lot of his blood. She remembered him almost dying. Then she fed him with her blood, saving him from imminent death and changing him into a vampire like her. And lastly, crumbling to the floor like she was dying.

Anong nangyari sa kanya? What was in his blood that made her burn like that? Like she was poisoned? Ordinarily, her blood was more potent that any other toxin on earth. Hindi siya maapektuhan ng kahit anong uri ng lason for her blood is poison itself. Ngunit nang nagdaang gabi.. Tiningnan niyang mabuti ang lalaki. He was a newborn vampire now, but how in hell was he able to get up just yet? He should still be sleeping now. Hindi pa dapat tapos ang transpormasyon nito. Verena told her it took weeks, almost a month to complete the transition.

"How long was I out?" she croaked. She winced at the sound of her voice and the dryness of her throat.

"I don't know." he brushed his hands through his brown unruly hair. Aspen wasn't sure if it's because he's a vampire already that's why his movements seemed so fluid. So graceful. "I woke up like I've slept for a week and.. I think we were both out for a day or two."

I gasped. What the hell?!

"I was hoping you could give me an explanation, cause I honestly can't remember shit, besides.." his eyes turned a darker shade of green. "..f-cking you." isang maluwag na ngiti ang sumilay sa gwapong mukha nito.

Well, that's one way to put it. Pinigilan ni Aspen ang mapangiti rin. He remembered!

"What could've happened?" gulong tanong ng lalaki at naglaho na ang ngiti sa mukha.

"Why don't you tell me? Nauna kang magising sa'kin." she answered dryly.

The guy actually had the guts to chuckle. She had a glimpse of his perfect teeth, she knew he had fangs as well, hindi pa nga lang iyon visible sa ngayon. His skin looks marble like, and his eyes.. Damn. Vampire becomes him.