The Evilness of Stairs

"So," Crowley sniffed, eyeing the pot of tea on the table. "Whiskey, then aspirin. Or, aspirin, then whiskey. And then another shot for dealing with those bastards first thing in the morning."

Aziraphale glanced around as though expecting Michael to pop out of a cupboard and shout, "Boo!" Thankfully, that didn't happen. He pressed a hand to his chest and let out a breath. "I'll take a double of both, please. I don't mind the order."

Crowley gave a bitter chuckle. "Works for me. After that look Dagon gave me, I don't think I'm going to see my balls again for another hundred years."

Aziraphale tried to stifle a giggle as he moved to clean up the tea set. He needed to remove any sign of the other angel and demon pair. The remnants of their presence made him shiver. However, the idea that Heaven and Hell still wanted them as agents, despite, um, their fraternizations almost made him wonder if they could've gotten away with it sooner. He glanced at Crowley and laughed as the demon shivered, still appearing disturbed by his demonic boss.

Crowley rolled his eyes, throwing his hands in the air. "Oh, right. You only find it funny because they didn't look at you like some sexy meat stick to sink their bloody fangs into."

"I disagree, my dear, I've looked at you like that for a long time, though my human teeth would have to be enough. Nothing sharp enough for fangs, I'm afraid." Aziraphale set the dishes in the sink and turned on the water. He dared a quick glance at the furiously blushing demon.

The rush he felt knowing he and Crowley could simply be, could be whatever they wanted, overwhelmed him with a basking warmth. It blanketed him from his fears. However, he suspected his over-exuberant optimism, and the thumping heartbeat was still mostly due to the endorphins from his early morning escapades. But he would accept it for now.

Overall, even if they did have to restrain themselves on certain miracles, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Probably. If humans could get away with it without magic, then they could too. Aziraphale prided himself on his research abilities. He knew he would need to give in and invest in a computer, and Crowley had been telling him that for years. Not to mention, he could use it to improve his bookshop and not just to research the intricacies of sexual intercourse the human way. He had books, of course, but most of them failed to give details about the proper care needed before and after the intimate activity. Granted, most of the books he did buy were more in the romance genre than the non-fiction section, at least, when it came to two robust men finding love in unusual places.

Aziraphale flinched as arms wrapped around his waist.

"Sorry," Crowley said, easing back.

"No! no." Aziraphale snatched for his hands, then pulled them back against his hips. "You startled me is all, dearest. Please. Come back."

Crowley hesitated, then eased closer. He wrapped his arms around Aziraphale again, and his lips pressed against the angel's shoulder, peppering his skin with slow kisses.

Aziraphale sighed, closing his eyes. He leaned back and exposed his neck, letting Crowley glide up to his ear. He leaned into Crowley's kisses, allowing each one to heal an old wound that had cut into his heart over the many millennia. So many times, he'd wished to simply reach out and touch him. And so, he did.

Aziraphale's lips found their way to Crowley. Heat sparked under their skin as their mouths met with slow, purposeful worship. Then, Aziraphale winced. The dull ache in his body was as stubborn as Heaven. "I might need that aspirin a bit sooner than I thought," he breathed, yet seemed unwilling to quite stop tasting him.

Crowley kissed him one last time, then gave him a lopsided smile. "Alright, angel. But, you have to do something for me. Need some clothes. My nipples could cut glass with how cold you keep it here. And, the only thing that wasn't sent off into oblivion was my shirt, and you ripped off the buttons. That wasn't a cheap shirt, angel." He winked.