Chapter 14 - The Encounter

Chapter 14 – The Encounter

It has been a long time since he decided to go and look for her, he didn’t know what he was thinking that moment but as soon as he heard her voice, he can’t keep calm and so he runaway from everything just to find her.

To see her smile once more.

Going to an unknown city, a city where it’s so populated with people. It wasn’t easy getting back to his own feet, for his first months here were hell, he didn’t have the money nor a shelter to rest on. He didn't have the luxury to go to an expensive hotel, and so for his first months, he decided to do part-time works. Works that he haven’t experienced for his entire life, after all he was a rich kid back home, but he did runaway and his parents were not really looking for him, cause if they were then they have found him already but clearly it wasn’t the case. No one is looking for him.

While he did all sorts of part-time works, like being a mailroom man, newspaper boy, a mailer and all sorts of works, he still was looking for her. For a city this big he didn’t really know where to start looking, he didn't even know if he was in the right city. But this city is his only clue to find her.

His first few months made him independent on his own way; he worked hard for the money he earned during part time works. It was hell alright, he didn’t get enough sleep, a fine bed to sleep on and he haven’t found her yet.

Money was tight.

That was until, his parents send men to look for him, and when they did, he thought he was being kidnapped by black men in suits, he thought that the men in black were agents, but he thought wrong, he was brought to a five-star hotel where he first wanted to stay but couldn’t afford the luxury.

And there he met his parents, looking at his parents he felt relieved once again. But at the same time scared of going back home, he can’t go back until he finds her.

When parents noticed his arrival, his father got up and welcomed him with a punched. Who wouldn’t? He left home without even informing them, they spent weeks searching for him and now they have found out that he was looking for a girl.

They wanted him to go back home, but he pleaded and pleaded and so they agreed to let him stay, to let him go look for the girl, but he have to study again, of course he left his studying hanging too back home. It was right to study.

And so he didn’t have to do part time jobs because once again he was a rich kid again. They let him stay in a penthouse suite in the hotel, and he can once again use his credit cards.

But still he haven’t found her.

Months after, he started going to the most exclusive university in the city, it was the first day of the new semester.

While he was looking out in the window, he saw the girl he was looking for but that was only for a second cause when he closed his eyes, she was gone. “Stop the car.” He ordered.

And when he stepped out of the car, he immediately looked for her, he was losing hope, believing it was only his imagination but it feels weird, it feels real. But at the same time it feels like a dream, cause she wasn’t smiling, it was the cheerful girl he met back home.

And when he was about to go back to the car, he bumped into someone, coffee splashed all over his clothes. “Hot…hot…hot..” he exclaimed, it was hot, of course it was a hot coffee, and the hot liquid got over his skin.

“I’m sorry.” And like that his world stopped.

He slowly turn his head up to see the person who he just bumped in, and he immediately locked her into his arms. He has found her. After all months of looking, he finally found her.

He pulled away even if he didn't really want to, he just want to see her face, to see her once more, to confirm that it really is her. “Ysa.” He called her

The girl looked at him, shocked was all over her face, “Conrad.” Her voice was still the voice of an angel. It haven’t changed. But one thing did change about her, her cheerful side was no longer there, it was an emotionless facade.

His search is finally over.

He learned that she is also studying at the same university and she was getting her coffee before going to school. They did a lot of catching up and they didn’t even notice that they didn’t go to school.

Finally he can rest.

They have gotten closer by each day passes, and as each day pass he haven’t seen her smile again, the genuine smile he fell for.

She still had her nightmares and so he helped her, for now that is the only thing he can do, help her get over her nightmares.

He met his parents and they were glad that he’s around, she became emotionless since then, and also she didn’t care about the world anymore. It was hard for her parents to see their daughter like that, it was as if she was waiting for her death to come, she didn’t have the will to live anymore.

She also met his parents, at first his parents didn’t like her cause she was the main reason why he left home but when they saw her, they understood why he must left and look for her, because as his mom told him “It was right for you to look for her because all this time she has been asking for help.”That was his mom told him, that from the start she just want to be found.

His mom told him to stay by her side, to help her gain back herself because she’s still living with her emotionless facade.

They understood her pretty clearly. And they grew to love her as their own daughter.

It was hard but he never left. He stayed not because he pitied her but because he loves her and he will do everything just to see her smile once more.

And all the hard work paid off, because slowly her emotionless facade is coming off and the angelic cold voice of hers is starting to be just the angelic voice. She smiles but not all time.

Their hard work paid off, because she’s back to her old self, but her nightmares are still there.

How long has it been since he left home to look for her?

How long has it been since her nightmares started?

In his journey of finding her, he will never forget their first encounter. And he swears that once she’s back to her own feet, once she can love again, he won’t miss that chance once again.

He won’t let her go this time.

END OF PART ONE. 

PART TWO OUT ON DECEMBER.