Unmentionable Past

I missed you guys a lot! :)

----------------------------------------

Clarissa POV

     "But tell me how did you fall in love? Where did you two meet? How come you accepted him? How come he accepted you? And are you comfortable with him drinking your blood?" her last question squeezed the life out of me. I was appalled as I looked at her without blinking. My face went pale and the cold air hugged my body tightly.

     "What...?" I shuddered at her words.

      Drink my blood?! My face went pale as I looked at her. She continued looking at me curiously for answers but then her eyes widened at my shocked expression and her mouth wide opened in exclamation "Don't tell me you didn't know about it?!" her voice high-pitched and surprised.

     I was too startled to listen to her as I felt waves of shiver coursing through my length of body and I was lost in my own world of fear.

     I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked at the person surprised "Are you okay?" she asked concerned but I immediately turned away from her and gulped in huge breaths, trying to calm myself down.

     She kept asking me whether I was alright or not but I could only hum in response. I was too startled and scared at her words. My blood? I have been living with him for so many years without any fear or caution that one day when he might be hungry, he might attack me. I was too reckless all the time angering him and behaving absurd without even the slightest thought that he could kill me or worse drink my blood!

     Panic rumbled in the pit of my stomach and the memories of the night when I first found out he was a vampire flashed before my eyes. The first time I saw him, his hunger was unimaginable and blood was dripping from his mouth and he looked like an animal when he chased after me. How did I forget that night ever happened? I remember that he is a vampire but I forget to realize that he can drink my blood any second and if he does drink my blood...

     My whole body shivered at the thought.

     I am really stupid and arrogant to believe that he would never hurt me!

     ...My eyes widened and my mind stopped accelerating more regrets when I understood something.

     Masking my fear, I straightened myself and turned to look at her.

     "I'm fine" I said in a blank tone.

     There was a disappointed look on her face for a split second before she covered it up. Does she think I didn't catch that?

     "O-Oh is that so? That's good then." She stammered and it was not because she was surprised or happy for me but because she was angry about it.

     I could read the emotions on her face like the digest of werewolf anatomy.

     "Is that disappointment that I hear in your words." She was alarmed at my words as she looked at me cautiously with a friendly smile and said "How can that be? I am genuinely happy for you."

     A smirk lifted the corner of my lips as I folded my hands on my chest and looked at her "Ah so it's happiness. Stupid me to misinterpret your feelings for us. How can you not be happy? After all, you're his sister-in-law?" I emphasized the word sister-in-law and from the corner of my eyes I could see her clenching her hands into fists.

    "Y-Yeah" she faked a smile but I know what she was planning to do by asking me such type of a question now.

     I disdainfully stared at her. How was I so stupid to forget that she has been trying to tear down our relationship ever since the first moment she saw me. She hates me but I was blinded by the good times we shared in these last few days. She did it all on purpose! She intentionally developed a good relationship with me to win my trust and waited for a good opportunity to strike!