Chapter 4.

Been a long time... x

Liam's point of view.

I woke up somewhat early the next morning, the light from the windows shinning inward a yellow glow.  I stretched, yawning as I cracked my back and then headed to the bathroom. I didn't know what time Adriana was going to be here but better to be ready early than late so I rushed, only taking fifteen minutes in the shower and getting dressed in another ten. I went downstairs, bumping into Zayn who was sitting at the bar with his hands in his hair.

"Zayn? Mate you look ..terrible." I took two mugs out the cabinet, handing him one then preparing some tea. He sighed, fingers clutched on the handle of the mug and the side of it. He opened his mouth to speak but then closed it, shaking his head.

I sat down on the other side of him. a bit worried now. Sure Zayn was a nervous guy at first when we started the band but we'd been together with the boys for two years. He couldn't possibly choose now to be shy. Something must have happened.

"Liam." he started.

"What is it?" I frowned at him.

He sighed heavily. "Something is wrong with me." he spoke through gritted teeth. This is a side of Zayn I had never seen before, not even when he was devastated over his grandfather passing away.

"What are you talking about?" I went back over to the stove, turning off the fire and bringing the kettle over to pour the tea. Hopefully he didn't mind this simple green herbal tea, we didn't have time to go shopping once we got here yesterday.

He slammed his fists down onto the counter top, causing the kettle to shake furiously. "I'm talking about the fact that yesterday right after you went to your room, Niall asked if he could spend the day with me. Not only that but he was joking around and touched my arm. And it buzzed Liam." he hissed. "My arm fucking buzzed."

I carefully removed the tea from his reach. "I don't get it." I said. "So your saying your arm buzzed because Niall touched it?" I frowned.

"I -

Just then Niall walked down the stairs, taking a seat at the end of the bar. "Morning." his groggy voice said. Zayn mumbled a good morning and quickly strode out the room. Niall looked after him with a weird face then turned to me, reaching over to take my tea.

"What's up with Zayn? He's usually more talkative in the morning once he's fully up and about." Niall sipped some of the tea. I shrugged, getting up to put Zayn's tea back in the kettle since he hadn't even touched it.

"I think he's just a bit tired. He seems troubled though so better give him some room today. Did you want me to stay so we could go do something Niall? I know you and I usually explore together and Zayn and Harry go about while Louis is with Eleanor if she comes to visit --"

"No Li it's cool. Adriana is really excited to be showing you around plus we have two weeks to be here on vacation before we leave to go visit our families for another week or so. And she used to live here so it's probably gonna mean the world to her. Besides Zayn said we could go out and check everything out. Go have fun with Adriana mate." he smiled, showing off his braces.

I nodded, looking at him unsurely. "If you say so..."

"I do. Jesus Christ Liam you have to learn to trust us when you're not around sometimes you know." He shook his head slowly. I raised an eyebrow but nodded, turning once more to finish my own tea. I was calm until the doorbell rang and the boys all somehow shot down the stairs faster than the speed of light before I could even get up from my bar stool.

"Hi Adrianna!" Niall piped.

Louis gasped, taking in her choice of clothes. "Heey Adri."

"Wassup foxy lady?" Harry smirked at her.

"Hey gorgeous." Zayn lightly tugged on a strand of her hair.

She giggled, bowing a little and greeting them all in Italian then she spotted me and nearly knocked me over just hugging me. Yes, I smiled.

"Hey you." I murmured into her hair, she giggled again. I liked the sound of her giggle, her happiness seems to be rubbing off on me now.

"Ready?" She pulled back to look in my eyes.

I nodded. "Absolutely." I flashed a grin then looked at the boys watching us closely. "Have fun, keep your phones on and I will check on you boys later. We should be back -"

"Liam." Niall sighed. "Get your bum outside and go have fun for once. Yeah?"

I sighed, "Okay okay fine. Try to stay away from mobs of fans alright?" I grabbed my wallet and sunglasses off the bar table. Adriana bounced in place by the front door waiting for me.

Harry chuckled quietly, crossing his arms over his chest. "You're going to have much more fans than we are today mate. I can almost bet you. No doubt because you're going to be spotted with Italy's hottest model." His eyes drifted over to Adriana.

I blushed and quickly grabbed her hand, stepping out into the morning sunlight. "Where to first? Sorry about them, they uh worry about me and --"

Adriana firmly placed her finger over my lips, giving me a glare of her own. "Today, it's you and me. Nothing else. Got it?"

I could only manage a nod. Actually, I was surprised I hadn't melted onto the floor yet.