Chapter 4

Sorry it's short guys! Thanks for reading, love you all <3 Here's Chapter 4, I think you'll like it!

LAUREN’S POV

“Ugh, that’s disgusting,” Joey groaned, watching Brian spoon-feed Greek yogurt to Meredith.

“I think it’s adorable!” squealed Julia.

She would, she does the same thing with Corey all the time.

“I’m gonna go to the bathroom,” I say, standing up from my chair, “Jaime, come with me?”

“Okay, be right back guys!”

I walked straight back to the bathrooms in silence, but as soon as I stepped in the door, Jaime grabbed me by the shoulders, “Lauren. Joey likes you. There’s no way he couldn’t. You’re perfect. You’re more perfect than anyone I know. You can’t keep running away, just go for it!”

“That’s easy for you to say. You don’t know how I feel.”

“If not now, I have before. It’s not the best feeling. Quite frankly, it sucks. But you’ll be okay. You’re stronger than I am. Go in there and talk to him, or nothing will ever happen. And you want something to happen, don’t you?”

“Well, yeah, I guess-”

“You guess?”

“Okay, yes. Fine. I do,” I say hesitantly.

“Let’s go. They’re gonna be wondering where we are,” Jaime says, swinging the door open.

JOEY’S POV

“They’ve been in the bathroom for ages...” I muttered when the conversation stopped.

“You’d notice,” said Dylan.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked, panicking. The last thing I wanted was for everyone to find out.

“Oh... nothing,” Dylan said, smirking.

“Shut up, I’m gonna go find them.”

I stood up and walked toward the bathrooms, ignoring Julia as she laughed, “You can’t go into the girls’ bathroom!”

Halfway there, I ran into them walking past the kitchens.

“I’m gonna go ask if they can give me another spoon. I dropped mine. I’ll meet you guys back at the table, ‘kay?” Jaime said, and I thought I saw her look at Lauren funny, but I brushed it off.

“Where’ve you been?” I asked, then, worrying I sounded too concerned, “Meredith was looking for you.”

“Yeah, right, I’m sure she wasn’t looking for anyone but Brian,” Lauren said, avoiding my eyes.

“Oh, be nice. They’re a cute couple, aren’t they?” I asked quietly.

“Well, yeah, of course! And I love Meredith to death... I guess I’m just bitter.”

“And why in the world would you be bitter?” I think I sounded more flirty than I’d intended, because she looked surprised and blushed a cherry red. I thought she looked beautiful, but she tried to hide her face with her long brown hair.

“I... don’t know. Guess I just miss being in a relationship,” she said, almost whispering. I never knew her to be shy. She wasn’t being herself...

“You okay?” I ask tentatively.

“Yeah, yeah I’m fine! Let’s get back to breakfast. I wonder if Jaime got her fork?” she said, much cheerier than before.

“Sounds great,” I was just glad she was back to being herself. That’s the Lauren I fell for.