Chapter 1

Shou P.O.V
————•
For as long as I can remember, my sister and I were always the poor kids you went to school with.

Some days we wouldn't even have lunch if we wanted a roof over our head.

But it didn't matter about personality or struggles, it mattered about how much money you had.

If you had nothing, you were nothing.

If you were rich, you were also rich with fame and success while the rest of us were stuck at the bottom of the barrel, and you were at the top, greedy and pushing whoever tried to crawl up to your level down.

But, I hated it.

Fuck it all... It's stupid when you really think about it, huh?

Even with no money, I still had a place in this world, I was born for a reason...right?

My sister and I came into this world with no money, but is it really fair to be treated differently? I guess it's never gonna be fair...

_______________

My sister and I made it to the front of the never-ending building in front of us. We were ready to start our first day at this rich school.

"Can you believe we got in on academics? I thought this was only rich people and it only revolved around money." I say, looking around at the unneeded statues of babies pissing in disgust. Never really understood those...weird.

"Are we ready for this?" I looked over to my sister, Ai.

"I'm only ready if you're ready," Ai smiled, looking at the entrance.

"Stay close to me, 'Kay." I say, amused at everyone staring at us as if we were in the wrong place, and placing a hand over my eyes to block the sun as I look up to the building.
____________________

"The Machibas." I state our last name, looking at the lady in the front as I do so.

A smile creeps into my face as I watch the lady struggle to understand how we even were allowed on school grounds, "We're new students, Miss. We got in on a scholarship."

"Oh, I-I see..." she stutters while looking up in a disgusted and baffled tone. She looks at the computer screen quickly, clicking a button and printing out our schedules.

"Here, if you have any questions or trouble, let us know..." she spoke in a low tone before looking as up and down, the judgement dripping off her piercing gaze.

"Thanks... I guess." I look at her with the same disgust, amplifying it by lightly gagging to get a reaction from her. Why's she acting like that? We're still students here.

She looks back with an indescribable anger in her face, but ignores it and pushes us along to class. I shrug my shoulders, whatever.

I walk over to meet Ai, who is playing games on her phone before she looks up.

"She was rude..." Ai snickers, then sighs, "I hate people."

"I wonder what it would be like to be in that position... not have to worry about paying bills." I trail off while walking down the hall with my sister, getting stares left and right from our lack of a uniform.

"I'm baking a wedding cake this weekend for a couple. They said they'd pay me $150 for that. Do think it will cover any bills?" Ai asked, eyebrows furrowing with worry. If we don't pay bills soon...

-3rd person-

The siblings are identical, even in their voices. The only difference is their age, hair lengths, and gender, not to mention their interests.