Chapter VII: Call To Arms

As we exited the corridor, Impa was quick to make her presence known. 

"Do you believe it's time, Princess?" She asked, eyeing down Zelda. 

Zelda didn't hesitate to speak her opinion. It was also clear that Impa heard everything we had just talked about. 

"Yes, Impa, I do." She said, straightening her posture. 

"Very well then. Let's get to it, then." 

To be honest, I expected Impa's response to not be as lenient. I didn't think she'd approve of Zelda making such a bold statement to their father. 

"You were able to hide information on the sages... this whole time?" I whispered to Impa. 

"King Nohansen and his council know of the sages... just not all of them. Rauru and I have alerted them of only three sages, and he is yet to know that her daughter is one of them."  

Zelda glanced up at Impa. 

"Why haven't you told him all of them... Ganondorf needs to be executed!" I demanded, accidentally raising my voice. Thankfully, no one else heard me. 

"Executing a foreign king is not easy to do, Link. Although we've had help from the Nabooru and the Gerudo, Ganondorf still has a large group of Gerudo rebels who pledge their allegiance to him. Not to mention, a mere child is not capable of taking on the duties as a sage. I stand with Zelda, and I believe she is wise enough to fuffil that role." 

Realizing I wasn't going to win an argument with Impa, I didn't respond, but nodded my head in agreement. I mean, she was right. A child taking on the duties of a sage to execute someone like Ganondorf would be a terrible idea. Through these last years, I could tell Zelda had matured as a person. I believed she could do it. 

"So, where are we going exactly? We've been walking for like ten minutes." I said to the Princess. 

Zelda laughed. "Welcome to the life of royalty. It takes that long to get from one side of the castle to the other." 

"I feel like we easily could have taken a shorter route." I said, once again not being careful of my tone of voice.

"Well, we're almost there." She replied. 

"So, do I need to say anything? Or are you going to do all the talking?" I asked as I held another door for Zelda. 

"I'll handle it, but, I need your approval of my words. I'm sure my father will remember you..."

I turned to Impa, and she nodded her head in agreement to Zelda's testament.

"Here we are." She said as she turned to me. "Don't forget to kn-" 

"Kneel." I said, cutting her off. "I still know my manners, Princess." I mean, I was right. Even though I grew up in the forest, I still knew how to respect royalty. 

Zelda smiled and took my hand as she guided me into the throne room. 

As we walked into the giant room, I gazed upon royal decor that draped over almost every structure in King Nohansen's throne room. From the archways with seating on the right and left, hung massive dark red banners with the Triforce engraved onto it. Under the Triforce was the insignia of house Nohansen and Harkinian, the two houses of the king and queen.

As Zelda and I,with Impa following closely behind us, we walked down the long, red carpet that lead to King Nohansen sitting in his gold crested seat. I could feel his puzzled gaze on us as we all came into his vision. Him and his guards stopped talking and all looked towards Zelda, Impa and I.