PART 3, SECTION 16

“Yeah?”

“I don’t remember anything about what happened Friday night. Nothing. I drank way too much. Everything after the bar is totally blacked out.”

Bryce smiled sheepishly. “I remember. You really don’t remember any of it?”

I shook my head.

“That’s a shame.” He smiled again, but more wryly this time. “So are you asking me to tell you?”

I felt myself blush a little. I turned away. “I wouldn’t mind.”

“Well I guess I could give you a recap.”

“I was with you?” I asked, lamely.

He laughed. “Yeah. You were with me. You really don’t remember?”

I shook my head. “I was with you the whole night?”

“Most of it.” Bryce shrugged and smiled once again. He really was incredibly attractive, especially when he smiled.

I glanced at Morgan. I couldn’t believe I was having this conversation right now. But I had to know what had happened.

“Okay, so tell me,” I said. “After the bar. What happened?”

Bryce cleared his throat. “Well. After the bar. Let’s see. You and I went out for a smoke. And we kinda decided not to go back in. . . We thought maybe the motel would be a better idea.”

“I know this is a stupid question,” I said. “But we—well… we . . . slept together?”

Before he answered, Bryce gave me this long, cute shrug. 

“Well. All I can say is that it’s a shame you don’t remember.” He nodded, obviously remembering back to the night I couldn’t recall. I was jealous that he could remember it and I couldn’t. “It wasn’t bad,” he said. Then he whispered, “Honestly you were kind of amazing.”

I felt dizzy. I felt like I’d turned into butter. It was all I could do not to throw myself at him right there on the loft, even while Morgan struggled to breathe. I’d felt the warmth of Bryce’s breath on my ear when he’d leaned over and whispered that he thought it was amazing sleeping with me. However guilty I felt for cheating on Shawn, I felt robbed that I couldn’t remember my night with Bryce. I forced myself to suppress this new surge of attraction. I couldn’t believe how strong it was.

What was wrong with me? 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please VOTE 🌟 before continuing! Thanks! ;)  xxBailey