Daycare Nightmare

11/2/19

You sat at the top of the castle setup in distress, sobbing to yourself for a short few moments. It was impossible to try and get rid of the many heightened emotions that began to consume your porcelain frame. No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't even calm them in the slightest. You were a massive wreck.

However, you heard a small tinkering noise that pulled you from your suffocating despair. You expected the noise to have come from one of your friends, but that's not what you had seen at all. Instead, a cute little telephone toy was carefully peeking out at you. His red phone rang once more, the tinkering sound you had just heard.

The phone quickly scooted over to you, allowing his red phone to come flying off him as he screeched to a halt. When you sent him a curious look, he glanced at his phone before looking back to you expectantly. Giving him a look of peculiarity, you heard his voice come through the red phone as you lifted it to your ear.

"Hurry. Follow me." He told you in an urgent manner.

"Wait, why?" You asked quietly, feeling very uneasy by how wary the little telephone was acting. He knew something, something bad. It wasn't hard to tell.

"Just do as I say, quickly." Once you placed his red phone back into place, he instantly sped off into the far corner of the castle top. You quickly followed him, although very suspicious. He led you into the shadows towards the very edge, which was buried in pillows and beanbags.

As the telephone forced himself past the pile, through the small gap left between the pillows and the railing against the wall, you followed him to see the tops of some bookshelves. They were very close to the castle, allowing the both of you to traverse across. He rolled up a slanted book, using it as a ramp as he landed in a clear, plastic container full of craft supplies.

You quickly hopped in after him, situating yourself right beside the little telephone. Picking his phone back up, you nervously asked, "Why did you bring me here?"

"Just watch, and keep quiet." He hissed. "You'll thank me later."

Hearing both his statements and his tone, you sent him a narrowed glare before placing his phone back down. Sitting up straighter to clearly look over the top of the container, you eyed everything on the ground below. How every last toy scrambled for shelter beneath stands, inside containers, and in the far corners hidden by shadows. The only toys left out and about were your friends.

Suddenly, a shrill bell sounded, its harsh ringing resonating through the entire room, and you watched in horror as a million toddlers burst into the room. The lights flashed on. Hyper footsteps like the deep thunder of a stampede sounded. Shrieks and cries of crazed and immature joy broke free. This wasn't a child's playroom. It was a war zone!

Your face was fear stricken, your eyes wide and pupils shrunk as they jittered with uncontrollable fear. It was every toy's nightmare come true, right before your very eyes. These kids didn't understand playtime. They weren't even kids at all. They were utter monsters! Savage beasts! The scene before you was traumatizing, rendering you paralyzed.

All you could do was watch from way up above, from the safety of the plastic container atop the bookshelves where kids could never reach. You watched as your friends were treated like mere objects, not like toys. There were thrown, trampled, tugged, you name it. Jessie's hair became a paintbrush. Hamm was turned a decoration made of glue, noodles, and glitter. Bullseye was trampled by a kid mindlessly pushing around a ball-popper. And you had to say, those were among the most tame of the toddlers' mass destruction.

Better yet, the torture lasted for a good few hours. It was a mild sunset by the time the kids first burst into the room. By the time they left, as did every other kid on the daycare campus, the sky had turned very dark shades of reds and oranges. The sky would become enshrouded in complete nighttime darkness in a mere hour, if not minutes less.