Chapter 57 (new problems arise)

Your POV

I sat down next to the small beds.  Wayzz had put the gong away after ringing it, twice.  Yin and Yang didn’t look hurt, but I could tell they were.  Those vines must have taken more out of them than they took out of me.  Ayla was asking Master Fu some questions, but all I was worried about was Yin and Yang.  I’d never been told if a kwami could die or not, I hoped that wasn’t possible. I touched my miraculous once.  “Please, just be okay.” I whispered as my vision blurred. I’d already found out my phone was dead again, most likely from being on the whole night.  B/n was going to be worried, but maybe he would just think I was at Adrien’s house. Ayla sat next to me, Trixx sat next to Yang’s small bed. I swear it looked like Trixx was even closer to completely crying than I was, maybe she was already crying.  I touched my miraculous again, feeling the tears finally start falling. I felt Ayla our her hand on my shoulder. “It’s going to be okay y/n.” She said softly. The words felt empty, but I could tell Ayla was really trying to make them sound soothing.  If Yin and Yang were seriously hurt, then I wasn’t the right person to hold the wolf miraculous. A miraculous holder should be able to keep themselves, and their kwami safe. I might have just killed Yin and Yang.

There was a small gasp from Ayla.  I opened my eyes and looked at the tiny cots.  Yin looked see-through, like a ghost. I looked at the miraculous charm, the white coloring was slowly becoming grey.  “What’s happening?!” I asked quickly. Master Fu came over, hearing the concern in my voice. “We need to get everyone together, quickly.”  He said. “I’ll find Chat noir and Ladybug.” Ayla said. I half nodded, still looking at the fading color, now the black was becoming grey too.  Yang was disappearing too, but at a much slower speed than Yin. Master Fu went to the phonograph and opened it. I heard a soft beeping as he put the code into it.  The air felt different, like the composition of it changed suddenly (This shouldn’t sound like it’s a problem from the show, just something I thought of while writing this).  “Won’t they find out who I am?  When Ladybug and Chat noir show up?”  I asked. There was no answer. “As long as Yin and Yang end up okay, I don’t care if they find out I’m Starfire.”  I added softly. There was a knock at the door. “It’s Rena Rouge and Chat noir.” A voice said. Master Fu stood up.  “Put these on before coming in, detransform as well.” Master Fu ordered quickly. I heard the door open. “What’s going on?”  A voice asked. It was Chat noir, but now with his civilian persona. I heard them walk slowly over, more likely being led by their kwamies.  There was a soft gasp, it sounded like Trixx. “Oh no.” A soft whisper said. Plagg sounded like he knew what was going on. I could feel someone sitting next to me.  A soft fabric touched my hand. It was a f/c bandana. I put it on, so we would be ready when Ladybug showed up. A knock on the window, a while later, made me jump.

It took a moment before I felt another person sit down.  “I know that you might be confused why you are all here.”  Master Fu started. Whoever was sitting next to me shouted their weight, briefly touching my hand.  Somehow I knew, it was whoever Chat noir was. “Starfire came looking for help after the akuma was defeated.  She would be better to explain what happened.” Master Fu continued. I nodded, taking a breath. “Before the attack really began, I had been captured already.  Ladybug and Rena Rouge, you’ll remember me disappearing and then calling. The call was cut off, a robotic voice claimed the akuma, Draven, cut the services off.  When I faced Draven, he caught me by surprise and ensnared me with swift-growing vines and he had started trapping other kids too. I timed out of the form I was using at the time and had to switch to my other form.  It wasn’t before long that… Chat noir had destroyed the main roots for the vines. Once getting away, I realized that Yin and Yang, my kwamies, were missing. I’d thought they had been resting in my purse… but they weren’t.”  I half explained. My voice started shaking halfway through. “I came to Master Fu to see if they had come to him, in case they had been hurt. They had been hurt… but now they’re fading away. The wolf miraculous is slowly turning grey, Yin and Yang fading along with it.”  I finished. “What do we do to help?” Ladybug asked. She sounded worried, not completely like how she usually sounded. Chat noir, who had to be the one next to me, sounded more confident in his words, “I’ll help in any way I can. You’re part of this team Starfire, and I’ll do anything I can.”  I half smiled.

“The wolf miraculous is in danger of destroying itself.  We needed you four together, since the Ladybug and Cat miraculous’ are very strong when they are used together.  The fox miraculous is related to the wolf miraculous in how it was created, so it would also be very helpful in this.”  Master Fu started. I took a shaky breath. “What do we need to do?” I asked. Someone turned to look at me, I couldn’t tell who, but I could tell someone had turned towards me.  “The four miraculous’ need to be around the kwamies of the wolf miraculous. But the kwamies must remain.” Master Fu started. “How is that possible? If we take the miraculous off, the kwami gets pulled into it.”  Ayla asked. “You have someone else take it off for you. If we don’t take it off ourselves, the kwami would stay, since it’s not willingly.” Ladybug realized. I half sighed. “We’ll need to be careful to not accidentally look out from under the bandanas.”  I added. There was a silent moment. “Okay, I think I’m next to Ladybug… which means Starfire, you’re next to Chat noir.” Ayla started. I nodded. Chat had said his ring was his miraculous. It would be easier for me to take his miraculous off then him taking mine off, since my miraculous was a necklace.  “Okay, let’s start slow, so nothing happens.” Ladybug said. I heard the soft sound of the latch for the fox miraculous coming undone. It was silent for a few more moments. “Okay, that’s two down.” Ayla sighed. I breathed in slowly and moved my hand toward where Chat had to be sitting. As soon as I felt his hand, my cheeks flushed red.  It was kind of a good thing that everyone couldn’t see, but Master Fu could. Luckily, it was the hand Chat had his ring on. The smell of camembert came very close, I had to shake my head to focus again. I sighed, setting the ring down gently. “Really Plagg? You stink!” I half growled. I heard Ayla and Ladybug laugh slightly. “How do you know his name?”  Chat asked. I sighed. “When you and Adrien Agreste went missing, I found Plagg by storm drains.” I explained.

I knew time was running short.  Yin and Yang need our help, and fast.  “Let’s hurry, I don’t know how much time's left.”  I added. I ended up having to turn around, and pull my h/l/c hair over my shoulder so Chat could take my miraculous off.  Master Fu explained what to do. We had to put each miraculous in a circle around Yin and Yang, hoping it was in time to save them.  Master Fu would say a spell softly, the spell was supposed to help heal any missing link or energy that Yin and Yang might have lost.  Wayzz had to have brought the gong out again, because I jumped at the sound of it being rung. “Please work…” I whispered hopefully. I couldn’t lose Yin and Yang, not after they’d helped me through so much.  It would be like losing everything, all over again. I heard the remaining kwamies sit on the floor by the beds. If I didn’t have the bandana over my eyes, the tears I could feel falling would be hitting the floor.  There was a small sigh, but I couldn’t tell who it was from, or why. The air seemed to change back, whatever had changed was reversing itself. Maybe the change was just in my head, but it felt so real.

(Hey guys, so I’ll be ending this book in a few chapters.  I don’t want it to be too long. Don’t worry though! I’ll start working on the sequel as soon as I finish the last few chapters in this book!)