A [Edited]

"Danielle!" My friend was drunk as ever. Her red hair was in a mess, and her green leather jacket was on totally not in the right position. She drunk at least six and a half bottles of different beers, and passed the legal limit after the second. Danielle was carrying on, and I thought she was going to turn into a clown after how much cackling she had been doing.

"I, President Bo-rock Orlando Onion, declare Oreo's the state decomposition voice." Danielle slammed her palm on the bar as if to make it final.

"Marcie, get your friend outta here before I call that boyfriend o' her's!" The bartender, Dave, pointed at Danielle, then the door. He meant it too. He wasn't the one to push anyone out -he figured that whoever's the drunk's friend should do it- but he drew the line, it was drawn and it wasn't going to be erased.

I buttoned up my light colored jean jacket that had cloth on the inside, and put the cloth hood over my head. The snow gently falling outside, but Danielle has a tendency to puke on command if she's drunk, so having the coat on beforehand was a great idea if I didn't want a discolored spot on my shirt. I slip my brown leather gloves that had fur on the inside out of my coat pockets and slipped them on my hands. I made Dani take her jacket off her rump and around her shoulders with amazing ease "Ready Dani?" I put my hands on my hips.

"For what?" She hiccuped, spitting up a little. She wiped the spit on the back of her bare hand. After a quick sniff, she licked the mixture off her hand.

"Dave, call Percy." I grab Danielle by the arm as Dave called Danielle's boyfriend. Percy worked as a lawyer. His office was almost next to the governor's. Both buildings were really beautiful on the outside, with pillars of marble outside keeping the ivory ceiling up, stone statues protecting each edge of the governor's building and would've gleefully protected Percy's if he wasn't such a naïve person. He won several cases, but if the governor said "Come this way," he was like a puppy.

I yanked her out of her seat as we start to walk for our apartment. The apartment was ten miles away. I didn't think she could handle that. I don't think I can handle just walking to the door.

"Where we going?" She asked, clueless as ever, as the door slammed behind us.

"Candy land." I answered.

"Really? Is Santa Bunny there?" Danielle stumbled, falling into a puddle on her knees.

"Dani." I pull on her arm to get her to get back up.

She wouldn't budge. I let out a groan, and crossed my arms. She shifted herself and started to play in the puddle like a little kid. Danielle was drunk at least once a month, but right now she was stoned. I rub my right temple. Percy should be passing by here in thirty minutes if Dave called him.

I look around. A shadow vanished into an alley. I look back at Danielle. "Stay here, girl." I command her. She woofed, and laid down as I left. All the years being a news reporter, I've grown very curious of things.

I jogged around the corner. There was nothing in this alley; a fire escape and a few windows. The alley connected to another. I walked where there was a left and right. 'V' was carved on a poster near the right edge of the building separating the two paths. What is this, Ripley's Believe It or Not? It's Chicago, damn it. I cocked my head over to the side. I walked where I guess the 'mystic letter' was leading. I walked a little more, finding nothing more than another fire escape, and brick wall. "Nothing. Jake probably set this up for me to look stupid." I say to myself as I turn around to head back where I started.

Danielle was being escorted into a government car with a presidential seal on it when I got back.

"Hey. Hey! What the heck you think your doing?" I pull back a guard with my right arm.

"Are you Miss Marcie Kidman?" He asked me. His voice was a slight bass that didn't fits its body. He was in a black suit, black tie and had light brunette hair in a spike hairdo. He probably was in his early thirties, but he looked a lot younger. His small and thin and his voice wanted a bigger body.

"Uh, yeah. That's Danielle Conner. My friend. Get her out of the car." I opened the door. Before I could get it fully opened, the guard pushed it closed.

"I'm sorry. You can't do that."

"And why the hell can't I?" I am so close on slapping this man.

"Percy Blevins sent in a call from the governor's office asking for Miss Danielle to be taken to a alcohol treatment facility." He started for the passenger side door.

"I know Percy works for the damn governor of Illinois, but you are not taking my friend away!" I go to the front of the car and slam my hand on the hood.

The driver backed up, and continued for its pre-determined path. Dani rolled down the window and screamed, "I'll be back!" in a German accent, laughing at the end before another guard pulled her back in.

I sit down in the snow covered sidewalk. "Damn it! I forgot Percy said if I ever called him about Dani being drunk, he'll send her to a treatment center. Damn!" I throw snow into the road.

I cup my face into my hands. I thought he was joking. Looks like that's one less thing I have to worry about now... I stand up and wipe what snow I could wipe off. I walked back to the apartment building.

The building was made of brick, and had ten floors. Ours -now mine- is on the tenth floor, regards to Percy, saying Dani didn't want to hear people above her. The room I call home is about medium size; the only official bedroom was Dani's and right next to the door, and a bathroom across from it; the kitchen only had a stove, a oven, a microwave, and a refrigerator; the living room had a pull down bed next to the balcony, and a gray couch at the opposite side of the room, laptop always sitting at one end to keep it charged, and a TV in front of both.

As I walk in, Heck, my two year-old, all white German Shepard, greeted me at the door (I have his bed right beside the television, and I trained him to use the toilet when he has to do the number two -he goes outside when he needs to do number one). I pet his head and move to the living room. Heck went to the glass door separating the living room and the balcony, putting his paw on the fragile frame. I take off my jacket and lay it at the end of the couch to see what my dog was so worked up about.

There was a single rose on the snow covered bars of the ledge. I opened the door, stepping into the snow and plucked the rose from its position and quickly went back inside. I shut the door, looking at the rose.

"What do you think: secret admirer?" I said aloud. I looked at the delicate flower. It was perfect except a small V shape in the stem.

(Up above: Marcie Kidman {Theme Song: Lego House by Ed Sheeran})

(Dedicated to @abnormal for being the first to vote and comment!!)