Chapter Three

Leo and Michael

Leo watched as Lizzy left the building. She was a far dot by the time he looked away. The woods next to the school were quiet and dark. A branch snapped behind Leo and he whirled. "Woah, bro. Calm the hell down. Pardon the pun." Michael said, putting his hands up in mock surrender. "Shut the fuck up Michael." Leo sneered. "That was quite the first day, huh, little bro?" Michael asked, putting his arm around Leo. Leo shoved his hand away. "We met Annabelle and....Lizzy." Michael sneered the word. "Well, I met Annabelle and you met Lizzy. We make quite the pair, you and I. An angel and a demon." Leo scoffed and started walking farther into the woods. Michael followed suit. "Lizzy is quite the looker" Michael chuckled, "for a nerd, that is. Annabelle on the other hand, well, she is amazing. She is, in a word, an angel." Leo stopped walking. "You found her?" Leo asked. Michael smirked. "Yeah. Mary Incarnate. An archangel in a human body." He said it so nonchalantly, Leo almost thought he was kidding.

"Now all we have to do is find the other one, and we'll go our separate ways. You can take whoever this person is back to Hell with you and make your daddy oh, so proud of you and I can take Annabelle back to Heaven with me and Father will grant me everlasting glory and a seat on his council." Leo whirled and shoved the angel against a tree. His forearm dug into Michael's throat. Michael laughed. "You can't hurt me, demon. If anything, you can only stop me for a little while. I might take a spin with that little nerd of yours." Leo dropped his arms, and disappeared, leaving Michael alone in the woods, with a smirk playing on his face.