Chapter 1

The apocalypse started six years ago when I was nine. I'm with my dad and little brother. Four months ago my mom was attacked. She sacrificed herself for us, there was so many and so little of us. She let them take her, I wish she hadn't she smiled and it brought joy to all of us. But now shes gone.

Now were trapped in a basement with the undead above us moaning and stumbling around. Searching the house for us. They chased us and now we're trapped in a basement. My dad is tring to comfort my little brother as he cries.

"Daddy I don't wanna die, daddy don't let the monsters get me!"

"Lily, can you come over here and comfort your brother?"

"Why aren't you?"

"I have to see how many there are, just in case they find us. So I know how many I gotta kill"

"Dad I'll do it."

"No. I will I'm your dad and I have to protect you."

"Dad I'm smaller and faster, they might not even see me. Let me go"

"No! Come comfort your brother"

"What if they see you?"

"Then I will run away from here as fast as I can so they don't get to you two!" He gets up and points to my brother.

"Go sit with him!" I get up and sit by my brother who is still crying. My dad starts to go up the stairs and when he grabbed the handle my brother screamed.

"Daddy, No!" The undead began to pour in and fall down the steps toppling down on my dad.

"Hide!" I took my brother and hide him in an empty box and I hid in a garbage can. I can hear a few stumbling around and falling to the ground. After about ten minutes it went completely silent. So I peeked out to see if anything was still alive. All the undead creatures are now dead and my dad isn't but he's bleeding, he's bit.

Oh my god! Dad!"

"Take your brother away from here, keep moving never stop. No where is safe. Trust no one not a single person no matter what." He takes out a knife and holds it out. "Now you have to kill me"

"What?!?! No!"

"you have to. You don't have a choice."

"I do. I could just leave with Carter and when you turn. We won't be here for you to hurt."

"No. I don't want to become one of them. Ever I don't want to kill an innocent person. Please." He put the knife in my hand and put it to him head. "Push the knife into my skull, don't think just do."

"Dad, I'll miss you"

"I'll miss you too." He smiled and then I ended his life, he collapsed to the ground, lifeless. My brother walks up to me.

"What happened to daddy?"

"He was bit." My brother looks up at me.

"You killed him?" His eyes started to glassy, he's about to cry. I nodded. "Why? Daddy loved you."

"I know. He was bit I had to, before he turned. Its what he wanted."

"You killed daddy..." He started to cry he fell down to our dad's lifeless body. "you're a murderer!" He screamed. "Its all your fault! He would've thought of something but now he's dead!"

"he wanted me to! I'm not a murderer!" I picked him up and brought him upstairs. I closed the door so no more of the undead monsters could come in and boarded the windows. I put the couch in front of one door and a table in front of the other.

"What if there's one up stairs?" My brother asked.

"I'll go look stay down here, okay?" He nodded and I went upstairs. Shortly after my brother came running up.

"They're trying to get in!"

"What?"

"Six of the monsters!" I ran down stairs and I saw them. Pushing on the door as hard as they can, trying tio get in. The table started moveing theres too many to keep them out, they keeps adding.

"Carter! Lock yourself in one of the rooms! They're getting in!" I held out my knife so I could attack easier