LILY

LILY

I’m Lily. I am 15 years old in being dead. My death is never been good because I’ve been murdered by my relatives. Can you believe that? My own relatives murdered me. It is all because of my mysterious skills, I can talk to ghost. I am born in an abandoned hospital, where dead souls are walking in the hallways freely. I think when I was born my third eye was already open. From that moment my story started in a cold rainy day. I was just 12 years old that time and school had just finished. All students are heading to their houses; I left alone there, in the bench sitting alone. I was talking to a friend named Mary, she was a ghost. She had been killed in a plane crash and her body has been burned. Ripped eyes, swelling flesh and she wore a dress full of blood, she was terrible but I don’t mind talking to her. My aunt was there to picked me and I said good-bye to Mary waving to her happily. As I waved, there was my teacher, I don’t know why she waved back to me, but she’s not the one I’m waving to. 

In my town I usually bullied by the street children. They said I’m crazy because sometimes they caught me talking to myself but honestly I’m not, I’m talking to some of my friends, my special friends, my only friends. One time, they bullied me again but it’s not the same intimidation before, it got worst. They slapped me furiously and when I’m down they keep kicking me like some poor animal. When I’m in the ground I know my friend Mary was there, she keeps looking at me, pitying me. Everything stopped when a cold wind begins to blow, the kids came running fearfully. When there’s nothing left but only me crying in the ground I see Mary carefully whispering in my ear “Don’t let them. Don’t let them. Fight for yourself and I will help you” she whispers slowly. I know what Mary meant. She meant that I must fight back. One late afternoon, I’m out in the streets playing with my own, I guess, as expected the street children who usually bullying me is there again and I know I’m not afraid to fight them. Mary told me that if I want to have revenge to them, all I have to do is to point them out and said that they will die in a specific date. I point a boy who I hated so much “You will die tomorrow, without your head and your arms. You’re death will be miserable” I shouted and they all laugh, thinking that I’m only joking.  

I’m in my room playing with Anastasia when my aunt came running and told me a horrible news. She said that Eduard died an hour ago, a truck hit him, his head and arms got off from his body. A little tremble creep through my veins, it happens what I told him yesterday, I turn to Mary and she’s smiling. “I just do what you said, isn’t great? No one can harm you now.” she whisper, the smile, she’s still smiling.

Weeks past, the street children keep bullying me and day by day there’s always a death of children, death that immediately happen because of the words I simply utter.  I don’t know what’s gotten into me but I kinda liked it. It was some sort of my defense for myself. No one can harm me now. No one.

The parents of children who died are telling that I’m the suspect in the tragedies happened. Their complaining to my aunt about my weird acts, they’re saying that I’m a devil. My aunt talked to me, fury in her voice, “is that true? You’re the cause of all the tragedies happened to those children? Is that true?” she shouted. “I must defend myself from them.” I answered angrily. “So it’s true.” She stated “so if that’s the case we better stop it, you better stop”. As I stood there, Mary is in my side watching the situation. She has no expression at all. She keeps looking at me. Wearing the same expression she always wore.

Days past when my aunt confronted me, it was a cold night. It’s raining heavily. I’m sitting in my room, reading a book. This time Mary didn’t visit me. I’m comfortably sitting, humming a song which usually sings by my mother when I was a baby until she died. I didn’t recognized someone came in, it was my aunt and as she step in my room she immediately injected me of some sleeping pills, I guess. Everything came blur and I’m no longer conscious. When I regain my awareness, I’m surprised to see myself sitting in the basement; I’m tied up in the chair. There was a big pool of water with ice berks inside and there are my relatives. I can’t recognize them all, but there was my aunt. “Sorry Lily, we don’t want to do this but we must to, it is for the sake of the people you hurt and you will hurt”. She said. She’s not worried or sorry, she was disgusted, petrified. Those eyes seemed to tell me that she was horrified of me, she hated me. I realized, are they going to kill me?

A guy gets a huge needle, he inserted it in the side of my mouth. It hurts like hell. I want scream but someone was holding my neck wholly preventing me from screeching. He sealed my mouth without hesitation, without mercy, blood pouring continuously in my mouth, giving me a dying pain. Then, the next thing they do is they carry me to the pool I see earlier. From that moment I knew what that pool used for. They will drown me there and I’m sure it will put me to death. They did what I predicted. They sink me there and the only thing I see was Mary, she’s there watching me, wearing her usual expression. She is the last thing I saw until I was no more. Years past, since I died, I’m still finding a way on how to get my relatives pay for what they have done. I must take my last revenge but I need someone who will help me. YOU! I keep watching you for days, observing what people doing to you. Do you want me to help you?