xxvii. house party

JULY 5

Wanda's POV:

We were all hanging out in the living room, as usual. Steve was overjoyed now that Nat was back, so were we. Overall, the household was more cheerful. 

"You know what we've never done?" I asked.

"What?" Steve and Bucky replied.

"We've never had a party with all of the Avengers."

"I'm not sure we have room for that many...well not all of them are people....um, Avengers." Nat said.

"Well not all of them of course, but our friends."

"That would be all of them."

"Ok, ok. Be like that. Then I'll pick some."

"What's the occasion?"

"You coming back, if we need an occasion."

"I mean, inviting people for no reason."

"It's not no reason, we've never had them over for an official...house warming." Steve jumped in.

"We should all split up and call everyone we know." Bucky said.

"Got it. Let's plan for.....7?" Steve asked.

"6:30." Natasha said firmly.

"Is Mowgan coming?" Emma asked.

"We'll see baby." Nat said. Nat and Steve are like the best parents. Strict when necessary, but it's not, because Emma is an angel. They play with her, keep her company, they're just the cutest family. I just hope that we will be too.

An hour later...

"The ones we got on board are obviously us five, the Starks, Scott and his family, the Bartons, Sam, Carol, and Thor." Steve said. Bucky fell on the couch, exhausted from talking to so many people.

"Mama?" Emma asked, climbing on to Natasha.

"Yeah baby?"

"Who's coming?"

"Let's see. Morgan, Cassie, Lila, Cooper, and Nate." Emma nodded and sat down.

"That's 18 people." Nat said. 

"Do we even have room for 18 people?" Steve asked, looking at Natasha, a bit worried.

"I'm sure it'll be fine. We'll make it work...somehow." she said, mumbling the last word.

"I mean you have a big-ass backyard, that could work." I added.

"That's true." Bucky said.

"We just need to start planning." Nat said, grabbing a sheet of paper from who knows where and started scribbling tasks. She was a very organized person.

________________________________________________________________________________

Around  6:30pm...

Nat's POV:

Everyone showed up basically on time, which was nice. It took Thor and Carol slightly longer, but they live in space, so...

Wanda, Pepper, Hope, Carol, Laura, and I were inside in the living room, talking, leaving Sam, Bucky, Steve, Tony, Thor, Scott, and Clint outside. Cooper, Lila, and Cassie were in the guest room doing whatever, and Nate who didn't want to be there, but Clint forced him, Emma, and Morgan were in Emma's room playing. 

We were all sprawled out on our big, L-shaped couch, with Wanda spread out laying on her back on three of our laps. She reminds me of when I was having Emma. We had a few drinks, but the guys stole all of the beer, or whatever Thor brought. Carol seemed to have found something, because she picked up a bottle and took a sip, then wiped her mouth with her sleeve.