Author's Note

Hello, Haru here.

Finally, the book has ended. It takes me more than a year to finish this book. I'm quite proud of myself actually I've never thought that I'm capable enough to write a story let alone completing it. This book is hard to write since for me, it's pretty intense and very complicated. Sometimes, I regret starting to write cause it somehow burdensome but I've never be bored from the enjoyment of writing. It just that, it quite draining and I need a couple of hours to restore my energy from thinking too much.

Words of acknowledgement. I would like to thank all of you guys who are reading, commenting and voting. I know and remember all of you, especially those who's been with me from the earliest chapter.

Really thanks a lot.

English is not my first language, so I'm sorry for the lack of vocabulary and grammatical errors throughout the chapters.

And I know for sure my weakness when it comes to writing, that I like to describe things. Sometimes too much until the chapter is full only with descriptions and less dialogue, interaction between the characters. When obviously as the wise words go "A dialogue is what makes and breaks a story" I don't think I did well, and besides, for me it's hard to write dialogues. I'll try to improve myself in the future.

And one more thing, throughout the year, me working on this book. There's one memory that up until now entertain me and I'm glad it appears in times I need it. You see, one day, I receive a notification of a reader adding Withered/Broken Flower into her/his reading list. But what caught my interest is the name of the reading list is 'Not Worthwhile'. My book is not worth to be read. I laugh so hard. When I went back home, I checked it again and my book is no longer there. My book is not even good enough inside her, not worthwhile reading list. I can't stop laughing.

Facts

Fact#1

The drug that was used on Chaeyoung is marijuana that increases the severity of sexual aggression.

Fact#2

I always wanted to explain this because a lot of people got the wrong person. Mark is an original character, he is a thin boy with smooth blonde hair and soft curls fall just past his small dimpled chin. He has a pink, slight, buttoned nose that is just above his thin lips. He has blue colored orbs and taller than Jeongyeon. He's Korean-Norwegians and studied in Taiwan. But of course, you guys can think Mark as anyone you want to imagine him.

Fact#3

In Chapter 55, Mina watched the movie called Rabbit hole, they said it was randomly chosen but for your knowledge, the movies are about parents who lost their child. That's why Mina felt down and stop watching the movie midway. I was secretly giving you a hint that in the future chapter, the baby will die.

Fact#4

In my first draft, this book should be only written with Mina's POV but I suddenly changed the plot a little and decides that 3rd POV is more convenient. That's why in the earliest chapter, the story was told based on Mina.

Fact#5

Mina never has the opportunity to tell Chaeyoung about her feelings.

Fact#6

In Chapter 31, Mina was reading a book while Chaeyoung was browsing the internet. When Chaeyoung asked about the book she was reading, Mina said "It's good. The story is about acceptance and letting go. Though it was hard for him to deal with the truth, she belonged only to his past. Grief and massive guiltiness make him confused, lost and trapped in his own little world. But, it was time to begin to accept it, as much as it hurt to do so. A sad yet beautiful story" That book Mina is reading and that description is based on one of my drafted books called "Memories of Yestermorrow" (Ignore the indirect compliment of my own book haha)

Fact#7

This story is based on Michaeng fanfic I read long ago, unfortunately, I forgot the title. It was a short story about friendship where Chaeyoung had a secret feeling towards Mina, then one night, he was drunk and unconsciously did those horrible things to Mina but what disturbed me is, when Mina woke up, she forgave Chaeyoung just like that and both confess their loves. I'm a bit surprised by the ending and thought that the story could be more, it could be different, the meaning could be deeper. But I was no one, I'm not the author but just a reader, so I can't change the ending. Hence, I try to write my own, brainstorming, add characters, conflicts, then there you go, Broken Flower @ Withered is created.

Fact#8

Latest Ranks:

That's it for now.

Till we meet again.

Bye.