5 - The Morning After

Harry could feel his body lying on something soft and all he could see in his line of vision was a ceiling, which seemed to be made of gold, and some sort of carillon that, from his perspective, seemed to be floating above him. He could also see that there was light coming from his right hand side which made the gold on the ceiling and on the carillon shine. Taking note of the darkness of the room, he presumed the soft light was coming from the moon.

The boy tried to move his body to sit up, failing and only managing to lift his arms and legs. Looking at the short, chubby limbs, Harry couldn't help but remember the dream he had had the night before and realized he was, once again, in the body of an infant.

Mentally, Harry sighed.

He had no idea why he was making these strange dreams but they seemed so, so real. It was almost frightening.

Deciding to try and take a look around, the green eyed boy moved his head to the left, coming face to face with golden bars that, obviously, belonged to the baby's cot. Looking past them Harry could see a large king sized bed with dark green sheets.

On top of it he could see, thanks to the moonlight, two people cuddled together under the sheets. He could only guess who they were but, if the dream he'd had the night before was to be believed, he could be pretty sure they were his parents: Thor, the northern God of Lightning, and Loki, the God of Mischief and Lies.

Harry still couldn't believe he was experiencing this dreams from the perspective of the child of two Gods.

Suddenly Harry, or rather the baby, felt a strong pain in the stomach, which caused him to start crying. Tears swam down his puffy cheeks and the boy could do nothing but wait for something to happen as he tried to endure the pain. It was worse than what he had experienced at the Dursleys, which was strange as he had experienced much worse than just stomach pains, and Harry didn't even know what had caused it.

From his peripheral vision the boy saw one of the bodys on the bed move, probably woken up by the loud crying of the small child.

The man sat up and now Harry could see that it was the child's Mother, Loki. He wore a black top and a pair of trousers of the same color.

Yawning, Loki got up from the bed and made his way to the golden cot, glancing down at Harry for a second before the boy was picked up and put on the man's chest, his ear right above Loki's heart. The child seemed to calm down a bit at the feeling of his Mother's heartbeat and Harry had to sigh in relief.

The stomach ache wasn't gone, tho, and soon the child was hiccuping again.

"My poor, poor baby boy." he heard Loki whisper in his ear, "You're hungry, are you not?". Well, that certainly explained why his stomach hurt so bad. Harry felt himself being removed from Loki's chest for a moment before he was laid in the man's arms.

The man walked to the door on the left of the king sized bed and opened it, revealing a corridor right outside the room.

"Guard!" Loki said with a strong voice. For a few seconds there was silence, than a man in a golden armor was swiftly making his way towards them. Harry looked curiously as the man bowed deeply and replied with "What can I do for you, my Prince?"

"Hadrian is hungry. Go to the kitchens and tell someone to prepare a baby bottle for him, please."

"Of course, Prince Loki." with that the man turned around and walked down the corridor, probably towards the kitchens.

Loki entered the room once again and, sitting on the soft bed, started rocking his son to try and make him calm down. "Now, now. Your milk will be ready soon, my little gem, do not cry so." he started, "We do not want to wake your Father up, do we? He needs to sleep if he wants to remain big and strong." at this Loki couldn't help the chuckle that came out of his mouth.