Ch. 8 the outing

Ch.8

                The hustle and bustle of the city along with all the one-way roads were enough to drive me crazy. When we got to the mall, I was so relieved. It was a weekday so most of the teenie boppers and youngsters were in school. Which meant no lines for me in the fitting rooms. I quickly found an atm as soon as we walked in, and I about fainted when I checked my balance. There had to be a mistake somewhere, so canceled my transaction and tried again. Nope no mistake, that’s enough money to buy fifty Lamborghinis!

                So like any normal teenage girl in a mall would do, I withdrew a  few thousand dollars. I probably bought a few things I didn’t really need, but who is really going to tell me I don’t need some hot pink and zebra striped heels in the country. I did buy something useful though, a new Crackberry on the world’s most reliable network, and had it out with my mother finally about not telling me anything my whole life. She told me I needed to call cass and ernie because they had been blowing her phone up trying to figure out how I have been.

                Quite a few matching outfits and shoes later, Charles and I are sitting at café du mond, eating begniets.

                “I never thought a guy had such good taste in clothes.” I said teasingly

“hey, I’ve told you before . im good at a lot of things, and knowing what I want to see a hot girl in, is definitely one of them.”…..such a guy response.

                I suddenly felt a headache coming on, but not just any headache, it felt like a migrain and a panic attack in one. So, I excused myself to the bathroom inside the outdoor café. The bathroom was so tiny and not the cleanest. It did however have its uniqueness thanks to all the passerbys that let it be known they were once in that bathroom also. I couldnt help but to feel a pang of guilt as I looked into the mirror. My entire outlook on my father has changed for the better, and I cannot help but be sad that I never really cared to know him. I know I was told things to make me dislike him, but its depressing because I thought all bad things about him while he was alive. Now that he is gone I only wish I could have gotten to know the real him.

It hit me so hard I almost fell to my knees. I sat on the closed toilet lid and put my head in my hands, resting them on my knees. That face, the face from my dream the one who had tied me up, was looking at me. It seemed to be searching for me. I knew instantly I needed to put up my shields. So I concentrated as hard as I could with all the willpower I could summon during a migrain, and said my encantation. The face instantly disappeared, and my migrain went away.

I stood and looked in the mirror again, to check my features. Note to self, find a sephora and get some blush. I'm beginning to look pale. I felt a little light-headed as I started walking through the crowded cafe. There it was, talking to charles, at our table. The woman I just envisioned, just as casually as anything. Who was this invader, and why did I dream she was trying to kill me? Slowly, and cautiously I make my way to the table as she slowly turns to face me.

“Ah, and who may I ask is this beauty?” she exclaims as she reaches for my hand.

“This is. Amber. One of my sisters friends visiting from her old home.” charles said almost too cheerfully, and nervous to not sound suspicious.as she turned back around he gave me a knowing glance that said go with it.

“uh, huh, your sure about that? I cold have sworn one of the maids thought you had some belle on your mind lately.”she added teasingly

“well I was hoping to kind of keep it a secret, but I guess you caught me.” he grabbed me by the hand and squeezed it. “isnt that right amber?.. just dont tell clara please, she will get all butt hurt if she found out her best friend was dating her brother.”