My Protector

So, I have never put something I've written on the Internet and the idea of other people reading what I write scares me to death, but I've decided to do it and I'm not going to change my mind......Anyway, enjoy and let me know what you think! You can send me any suggestions, including but not limited to: Names, Places, and Things you want to see happen.

Olivia

"Hey sweetheart!" I heard someone yell obnoxiously, as I walked down the river walk. Sighing, I didn't turn around, knowing that it would only encourage whoever the idiot was. I was used to attention my curly red hair, and 5'4 curvy frame got and had grown used to dealing with stupid men. Suddenly I felt myself being pulled so hard, I fell to the ground. I looked up to see a man who seemed to be in his late twenties standing over me with an angry expression on his face. "I was talking to you", he said, leaning down towards me and breathing in my face. 

"Get off of me!" I managed to say without gagging at the smell of alcohol coming off of him. I tried pushing him away, but he grabbed my arms and wouldn't let go. 

"I don't think I like your attitude," he said, "it's time you learned some manners." As soon as the words left his mouth h smacked me in the face. I didn't even know this man! I could feel blood trickling from my bottom lip. Suddenly a shout sounded from behind me. I tried to turn around, but the man holding me down wouldn't let me. "What are you looking at?" he sneered.  

"It looks like you assaulting a woman, who doesn't seem to want you touching her," a voice said. From the deep, rough sound of it, it was a man, who was trying to save my life. I continued to struggle with the man on top of me, hoping to slip away, because he was distracted, but he realized what I was doing and tightened his grip on me. "Let her go," the voice said, sounding deeper than before and very dangerous. 

"I don't think I wi-" His words were cut off by a sharp cracking sound. Suddenly, the man collapsed on top of me. 

"It wasn't a suggestion," I heard as the man' s body was pulled off of me. As I moved my head to look up at my savior, I passed out.

Niall

The last thing I expected to see on my walk on my first day in Tennessee was a girl being assaulted, but I guess anything can happen in the south. I ran over to where I could see the thug laying on top of a small red-head. 

"Hey!" I could see the girl trying to look over at me, but the man pushed her back to the ground roughly, smashing her head onto the ground . 

"What are you looking at?" he sneered. 

"It looks like you assaulting a woman who doesn't seem to want you touching her," I said, trying to keep his attention on me,instead of her. I could see her trying to slip out from under him, but he felt her moving and tightened his grip. "Let her go," I said slowly, my voice sounding deeper. 

"I don't think I wi-" I didn't let him finish the statement I knew would make me kill him. Instead I punched in the face so hard he was knocked out cold. Although that meant he landed on top of her 

"It wasn't a suggestion," I said, as I dragged his body off of the girl. I saw her move her head as if to look at me, but she just dropped back to the ground. "Shit!" Quickly, I moved the man off of her and dropped him unceremoniously on the ground. Then I dialed 911.  

"911, what is your emergency?" the operated asked. 

"I have a girl here who was assaulted and is passed out right now," I said, trying to speak calmly. 

"Did you happen to see the attacker?" 

"Yea, I did. He's knocked out right here," I said. 

"Can I get your location, sir?"  

"I'm on River Side." 

"Okay, I'm sending an ambulance and police to your location." 

"Thank you, and please hurry!" I looked down and realized the girl was beautiful. Slowly, I knelt down and examined her face. Her hair, long and curly and very red, was fanned out around her, some falling across her face. Then, I focused on her face, noticing the way her face was scrunched up, like she was stressed about something. I wanted to smooth out the little wrinkle that had formed between her eyebrows 

"Stop it Niall, you don't even know this girl," I said to myself. 

Bur you want to, my mind countered. 

Looking at her face, I knew it was true. I hadn't even said one word to her before she passed out, but I already wanted to know everything she was thinking. 

Suddenly, I could hear sirens coming towards me. I looked up from where I was kneeling, and saw the police and ambulance pull up. The paramedics rushed over with a gurney, as a police officer walked over to me. 

"Are you the man who called 911?" he asked. 

"Yes, sir," I said. 

"I'm going to have to get a statement from you." 

"Of course, but do you think it could wait," I said, "I wanted to head to the hospital with the girl." 

"Of course. Because we have the man in custody, we just have to figure out where to put him and for how long. I'll give you my card, just call when everything is straightened out." 

"I will officer," I said, taking his card before walking over to the ambulance. I asked the man looking over the girl if I could ride in the ambulance with her. 

"Sure," he said, "we have her stable." 

"Thank you," I said, climbing in beside her. 

I looked down at her laying on the gurney,her face pale, her hair matted with blood. 

"She's beautiful," I whisper, as I gently run my thumb over her cheek bone.

A/N Just wanted to see how this would do on WP. I want to wait until I have about three comments before I post the rest of the chapter.

Xx C