CHAPTER TWELVE | SATAN'S BABY

"What does she see?" Amanda asked

"What does she see?" Amanda asked. "I'm. . .on a beach," El answered. "Okay, I may be dense, but last I checked there were no beaches in Hawkins," Lucas piped up. "There's a woman," El continued, "and a little boy. That must be Billy."

"It's California," Max concluded. "You tapped into his childhood memory box," Will realized. "What else do you see?" Mike asked. "There's thunder and these gray clouds forming," El answered, searching. "I think I see it. The source."

"So is the source a memory and not a place?" asked Amanda, lifting her head off of Will's shoulder, "is the Mind Flayer feeding off of people's pain?"

"Shh." Mike turned around to shush Amanda and saw her and Will holding hands. He quickly turned back around so she couldn't see his reaction. "I think I see it. The source," El said, "Brimborn. . .Steelworks."

Johnathan went over to the phone book and searched up its address. "Got it. Sixty-five twenty-two Cherry Oak Drive."

"It's close," Nancy realized. "El, we got the address. You can get out now," Mike said to her, but it seemed like she was stuck. She started sobbing and screaming, "Get away!"

"It's okay," Mike stuttered, "i-it's okay. We're here, El. We're all here."

El scrambled to get the blindfold off as she started to cry. Mike held her close and just let her sob.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'

"He said that he was. . .building something. . .for me. That it was all for me," El explained after she sobered up.

     "He's probably talking about the flayed," Amanda suggested. She and Will had moved to the floor to be with everyone else. "He has to be," Mike nodded,  taking notice that Amanda and Will weren't holding hands anymore, "so he's building an army just like we thought. But he's not building an army to spread, though."

     "He's building the army to stop El," Amanda concluded. "Although 'stopping' is a bit of an understatement."

     "It's creepy how you guys are almost always on the same wavelength." Lucas gestured between Amanda and Mike. Amanda shrugged before nudging Will's shoulder. "Great minds think alike."

    "You said that he saw you? Here? In the cabin?" Nancy asked. El nodded. "Then he knows we're here," Will realized and subconsciously put his hand to the back of his neck. That's when the lights began to flicker and one of the windows shattered with one of the Mind Flayer's tentacles reaching through.

"Oh my God!" Amanda screeched. El was quick to rip the Mind Flayer's tentacle off with her telekinesis to keep it from getting to Amanda. Which really shouldn't have been a problem because she wasn't physically here. Which also made her question why she could touch things and not pass through them.