009

Monday morning: Emma was glad of the distraction that would come with work. Ace, Anne, and Levi had flown out on Sunday late night. Emma had called to try and get a date with Luke, but he told her that Stanley had preponed the vacation and they were leaving in the afternoon. Morgan Luxton had called a meeting with all senior managers so there was no way she could meet him before they left.

Emma pulled on an emerald dress suit and tied her sisterlocs in a high bun and did her make up. She pulled up at the office building a little earlier than usual and paused. Stanley was leaning on his car casually chatting with Caleb Luxton. They broke out in laughter at something Stanley said. She wanted to reverse out, but she could not, that would be going against traffic. If she decided to go out, she had to drive past them to the exit. Thanks to her position in the company, her designated parking spot was not so far from the entrance which was just a few meters from where they were. She decided to go on and park and go into her office.

They noticed her, looked at her and Caleb said something to Stanley, and they broke out in laughter yet again. Emma put on her blazer and then turned off the ignition of her truck, she got out and walked to the passenger side to pick her bags. She slowly started walking towards the entrance.

Stanley looked at the woman walking towards them or towards the building. Beautiful as ever. She looked tired, or was it stressed? Either way he hoped it was to do with him. He hoped she was scared enough to come back to him. He felt even more happy knowing that he had more leverage after his meetings with Morgan and Caleb Luxton over the weekend. Him and Caleb had gone to the same University and Levi and Emma. They had been good friends back then but lost touch over the years. But now they were working on a very close and long-term relationship.

"Emma Kirk, Luxton Group's Legal Maestro. Good morning" Caleb said with a smirk. The stunning woman was nothing like the fresh-faced beauty he remembered from University. He wondered why Stanley was letting her go or playing games with her.

"Good morning Caleb." Emma said and glanced at Stanley. "Good morning Stanley."

"I hoped to get a better greeting from my wife." Stanley said.

Emma ignored the statement and addressed Caleb. "I will see you inside." She said and walked into the office building. She quickly set up and saw she had thirty minutes before the meeting. She started going through her emails.

She walked into the conference room among the last people, she had lost track of time.

"Good Morning," Morgan Luxton said. Caleb was sitting next to him and the resemblance was uncanny. "I will get straight to the point because I know most of you have a lot you need to work on. Today we are here to begin a very important transition for the business. My good friend Max will be handing over the reins of the business to my son Caleb. You are all instrumental to ensure that there is a smooth transition, and you are all teachers for Caleb in your areas of expertise. Many changes will happen affecting our past and present business partnerships and we will be reviewing our ongoing partnerships and acquisitions and we will be working on new ones that we believe will help in driving the agenda of our business. I am counting on your cooperation. I will now invite Max to say something."

"Good morning Team Luxton" Max said with a strained smile. "Over forty-years as part of this company has not been an easy feat but I wouldn't trade it for anything. What I have gained is not quantifiable and that is why I want to thank Morgan for his confidence in me, his support over the years and his friendship. Most importantly you in this room today have been my drivers and warriors. I thank you all for the sacrifices you have made and continue to make, the efforts you relentlessly put in and the love and commitment you have for this company. I also ask you to keep it up. Caleb?" he called as he took his seat.